• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A must watch..... best invention ever

Well done Mark.. any chance of keeping me posted on the release of this product?

I saw a similar product for sale on ebay at the price of £150 for 1Ltr:eek:

Sadly, this quite likely isn't anything to get TOO carried away with....certainly as far as clothing/footwear is concerned. As our clothing manufacturers can attest to after many years of trying, making something waterproof is easy...making it waterproof and TRULY breathable, so that it is practical to wear long term is the problem. It is obviously a fact that you could sit out in a torrential downpour in a big polythene bag with a hole for your head...and the rain would never get in. Unfortunately, as we all know, you would have to take your clothes off and wring them out now and then, because you would be drenched with your own sweat.

Cheers, Dave.

I'm not so sure Dave, this is so quick wicking it's incredible, most so called breathable waterproofs let in some moisture which I don't think helps when it comes to breathability. None of the breathable fabrics around today are totally breathable despite their claims, and really it's only in energetic sports where breathability is essential, sat on a river bank not being one of them!

I'm not so sure Dave, this is so quick wicking it's incredible, most so called breathable waterproofs let in some moisture which I don't think helps when it comes to breathability. None of the breathable fabrics around today are totally breathable despite their claims, and really it's only in energetic sports where breathability is essential, sat on a river bank not being one of them!

True enough Rhys, but some of the walks I do, carrying half my own weight in tackle, could well come into that category....and I don't wish to add getting soaked in sweat to the already extensive list of discomforts that those walks inflict :D

I am exaggerating a little there (what...meee:eek:)....but you see my point :p

Cheers, Dave

Fair point! As I say I don't buy too much into these breathability claims, I've done a fair amount of trekking in these supposed hi tech fabrics and still ended up soaked in sweat. Yes they are better than pvc, but they don't last or work that well.

them woodpeckers are not rights!:D

Anyone watching this weeks episode? Tanks that dissappear at night or pretend to be something else by using technology derived from cuttlefish! :cool:

Imagine looking through your night vision scope looking at what you think is a familly saloon and it turns out to be a challenger 2 tank!

Back