• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A good landingnet and handle dont have to cost a fortune.

Alex Dalton

Senior Member & Supporter
My Abu Garcia net has been a sturdy net once a generous amount of super glue was applied to make it into a non collapsing net , twinned with my midi rock hard two piece handle. For early morning /evening sessions this set up has been great mobility with strength, hearing about other more expensive set ups having design faults .:)

I have the drennan twist lock and middy 30plus barbel net no problems at all mate

I have the Drennan twist lock too...but i cannot fit it in me handbag.
What has BFW BECOME ?.

Last edited:
What has BFW BECOME ?.

Paul,

I share your sentiments. Do you think it is possible that every conceivable aspect of Barbel fishing (no matter how vague) has been discussed to death and that the truth is there is nothing more to say?

Do you think barbless hooks are bad for fish…………..??

What has BFW BECOME ?.

Now there a potential new thread .''How to modify your twistlock handle to fit in your hand bag '' Could be a long runner that one :)
Richard . There is always something to talk about / debate / argue when it comes to piscatorial matters . Admittedly some topics come around rather frequently , but even then new takes on a subject sometimes materialise . The only thing that irks , and sometimes upsets me a little is people getting personal and unpleasant towards each other , there is no need for that , life is too short ... A bit of gentle joshing and good humour is great but sometimes it really can get out of hand . Especially when the actual thread subject matter is hardly one you woulld expect people to get emotional or have strong feelings about , e.g. landing net poles . Then again maybe it's just me .....

Ha love it how very true!!!!
Be talking about real tree nail varnish next:)

Well I want to know why I haven't heard about this before. What must be one of the biggest things to happen in angling for years....and it's been glossed over. I can't quite put my finger on why that should be, but I should be able to nail it down later. There isn't any news yet about the Realtree hair dye is there?

Cheers, Dave.

Paul,

I share your sentiments. Do you think it is possible that every conceivable aspect of Barbel fishing (no matter how vague) has been discussed to death and that the truth is there is nothing more to say?

Do you think barbless hooks are bad for fish…………..??

Its very simple Paul/Richard....

All you have to do is log off and not log back in again.....

No one forces you to read the any threads on BFW....

I'm sure there are some brilliant forums out there where you can discuss which flavour crisps you prefer to your hearts content....

:rolleyes:

Steve

Well I want to know why I haven't heard about this before. What must be one of the biggest things to happen in angling for years....and it's been glossed over. I can't quite put my finger on why that should be, but I should be able to nail it down later. There isn't any news yet about the Realtree hair dye is there?

Cheers, Dave.

Not too quick are ya ;)

I'm sure there are some brilliant forums out there where you can discuss which flavour crisps you prefer to your hearts content....

Steve

No Steve don't be silly...rather come on here now and then and have a laugh reading the threads and pop over to the otherside to see who getting ripped into...ha ha you remember them don't you :D

Steve

Steve,

I could do; but I'm beginning to like it here......and you're a fine one to talk about crisps

I really have to congratulate Richard Hamlyn, Paul Boyle and Steve Williams for some excellent posts. I really enjoyed them and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Best posts for ages. Keep it up and I might be tempted to come out of retirement.

Back