• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A Bit of Fun Close Season Survey

Steve Kenchington

Senior Member & Supporter
Just a bit of close season fun but how about a survey to determine the best brace of barbel PBs by partners. I propose two categories:

1) best PB brace with fishing partners i.e. someone that you fish with for at least 25% of the time.

2) best PB brace with the “significant other”.

Ours are as follows: me 15 lb 5 oz, fishing partner 15 lb 9 oz, wife 10 lb 10ozs.

Just a bit of close season fun but how about a survey to determine the best brace of barbel PBs by partners. I propose two categories:

1) best PB brace with fishing partners i.e. someone that you fish with for at least 25% of the time.

2) best PB brace with the “significant other”.

Ours are as follows: me 15 lb 5 oz, fishing partner 15 lb 9 oz, wife 10 lb 10ozs.
Most of the time I don't have room for anyone else in the car. ;)

I'm Billy no mates Steve.

However I took Cath skate fishing and she had a 192lber and mine was a tiddler at 190lb, I have not taken her fishing since ..

I'm Billy no mates Steve.

However I took Cath skate fishing and she had a 192lber and mine was a tiddler at 190lb, I have not taken her fishing since ..
That is really impressive. What a great brace ! Let’s extend the survey to the best brace of any species. You guys are certainly in the lead at the moment !

Back