• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A bit miffed

Andy Thatcher

Administrator
Staff member
I wish to vent !

About 7 years or so ago I was coerced, OK that is a bit strong...try again.

About 7 years ago or so ago the BFW Shop opened and amongst it's inventory my eyes fell upon polo shirts.

I quickly phoned up and placed an order and a few days later a greenw polo shirt appeared with sewn BFW logo in the Thatcher wardrobe.

It would be fair to say that said polo shirt has been worn weekly at least. Ermm to be honest it has also featured in quite a few of those session of 3 - 5 days of permanent wear.

It has been worn for 12 hour sessions wading the Florida Key flats after bonefish and on the beaches so it is no stranger to sun and salt.

Why am I miffed ? Well I am at work as I type wearing said shirt and would you believe I think I have a loose button !

After a mere 7 years of wear and abuse a loose button I ask you who would put up with that.

Good job I have 2 others that are not quite as old :D

I wish to vent !

About 7 years ago or so ago the BFW Shop opened and amongst it's inventory my eyes fell upon polo shirts.

I quickly phoned up and placed an order and a few days later a greenw polo shirt appeared with sewn BFW logo in the Thatcher wardrobe.

It would be fair to say that said polo shirt has been worn weekly at least. Ermm to be honest it has also featured in quite a few of those session of 3 - 5 days of permanent wear.

It has been worn for 12 hour sessions wading the Florida Key flats after bonefish and on the beaches so it is no stranger to sun and salt.

Why am I miffed ? Well I am at work as I type wearing said shirt and would you believe I think I have a loose button !

After a mere 7 years of wear and abuse a loose button I ask you who would put up with that.

That's outrageous...cant you contact the seller and get a refund? :D

Think yourself lucky Andy, every time I wear mine I hardly catch owt............well you have to blame summat:)

Best Regards
Dave

ps I do have some spare buttons $10 each should do it:eek:

and in condensed a format.

Originally Posted by Andy Thatcher
I wish to vent !

I hate to see web space wasted. :D
By the way Thatch, have you had any of those big sardines they call tarpon?
Watch this, it's amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjWQNwv-GJ4

Watch out Andy F. he'll be looking for a refund.

It never suited you anyway Andy, mind you you could look silly in anything.
Will be out next year after the Bones and Tarpon.........and OH! by the way we had a 9' 5" Sturgeon this year in BC this year, what a cracker. Not to my Rod I might add so my 8' 9" PB still stands.

All the best mate
Keith

I have a strong suspicion that having a button eventually come loose is an occupational hazard amongst anglers. Certainly, I have come across very few anglers over the years who do not have a loose button or two...and some seem to be totally undone and flapping in the wind :D

Cheers, Dave

Tarpon ? What are they ?

Only kidding. They become my obsession since moving over here but under my terms. I have it in my head I want to catch one from the beach.

Given how little actual fishing time I get I am doing ok. Lost a couple but have some time to work it out. Just seems a challenge. Found a spot down near Fort Lauderdale which is more prolific for them than locally.

Have my folks coming over tomorrow and driving down to the Keys Wednesday. No rods this time bird watching trip, with a bit of scouting so next time I am better prepared. Have to be there is sooooo much water down there and it is a 6 hour drive.

As for the polo shirt that poor thing is destined to be worn until either it falls apart or I do.

Back