• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A baker’s dozen of feeders

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
13 of my finest.
this bundle is aimed at the angler that likes to try abit of everything. Probably Not suited to the one trick ponies 😜. We have small medium and large in a mix of diameters from tiny paste cages, light weight chubbing cages for the liquidised bread and large heavy feeders for when the going gets tough. No two are the same with weights ranging from 50-155g you are literally covered for most case scenarios on most rivers or still waters. Colours again a nice mix to suit various different platforms that you might want to present on.
as usual the post is included in the price
91E0924C-EA3A-4CDD-9E15-A575D2FAB025.jpeg
009B59EF-5023-46C3-AF32-6C255CAAF03C.jpeg
D7D9C5DA-57B7-4A9B-9E48-22E5F3D05B0F.jpeg
6E2AAA0D-0980-4EBF-A268-41778770A47B.jpeg

all weights to the nearest 5g shown here below
F0FBDF32-6E41-413E-A8D5-7DC13F512EE0.jpeg

All 13 delivered at £40.00

Last edited:
Don't let it put you off Richard - they look like cracking feeders. I'd have had them if they'd only gone up to 105g.
Cheers.
it Doesn’t put me off Mark I know a big range like that doesn’t suit everyone.
if you want them I’ll take the heavy 4 off the set and do the 9 for 30 quid posted.
entirely up to you.

Richard might i ask a question please?

why do you coat them?

i might guess its what anglers expect?

i used to buy 'raw' leads and spent hours and burnt hands coating them beautifully and sold them on the bank - then became sceptical that it was a fad promoted initially by Korda

i saw a few articles by others about weird lead colours so made some bright red/orange/yellow and white - NO CHANGE IN CATCHES, lol

i now use 'raw' leads that have been allowed to dull down

Richard might i ask a question please?

why do you coat them?

i might guess its what anglers expect?

i used to buy 'raw' leads and spent hours and burnt hands coating them beautifully and sold them on the bank - then became sceptical that it was a fad promoted initially by Korda

i saw a few articles by others about weird lead colours so made some bright red/orange/yellow and white - NO CHANGE IN CATCHES, lol

i now use 'raw' leads that have been allowed to dull down
Longevity and quality Nick.
Raw lead and thin wire mesh doesn’t last very long at all being whacked off gravel beds and rocks.
not only does that costing add loads more strength to the cage itself it’s also far more hard wearing on the lead.
you shouldn’t be burning your fingers or spending hours doing it.
it’s a very fast and essential part of making a quality feeder for barbel fishing.

i will always buy coated leads and feeders .. not because i’m a dannyfair brass fan boy.. but the coating on the leads help protect the mainline/ hooklink from abrasion damage that the rough edges of raw lead could give you ...especially if it’s been bouncing around on the bottom of the trent because you’ve used undergunned rods

Last edited:
i will always buy coated leads and feeders .. not because i’m a dannyfair brass fan boy.. but the coating on the leads help protect the mainline/ hooklink from abrasion damage that the rough edges of raw lead could give you ...especially if it’s been bouncing around on the bottom of the trent because you’ve used undergunned rods
meow, lol

but wtf have 'under gunned rods' and leads have in common?

i use helicopter rigs, lol

and did you know that if a 'raw lead' gets damaged said damage can be removed by a fingernail? - because lead is so soft

as for Danny - knew him when he was making leads in his garage

Nick if those that have bought them are lucky enough not to lose them, they will return my feeders up the line in pristine condition. I don’t just coat them once I coat them twice. If I didn’t I’d be surprised if they lasted 2 sessions on some rivers.
there is a visual element to it aswell as I’m sure you’ll see the coating makes them look great too. Ive been in engineering my whole life and it’s made me quite ocd about what I’m prepared to send out my door. If it doesn’t look or work as I want it doesn’t leave my bench….. simple.

if people want unfinished like this
87B21CAD-72F2-4344-8B98-F6FDC4EE9085.jpeg

They’ll have to buy it elsewhere
I only supply finished ones like this
4B40A165-A813-4FCF-BFB6-93D4B0C37DC2.jpeg

Last edited:
Nick if those that have bought them are lucky enough not to lose them, they will return my feeders up the line in pristine condition. I don’t just coat them once I coat them twice. If I didn’t I’d be surprised if they lasted 2 sessions on some rivers.
there is a visual element to it aswell as I’m sure you’ll see the coating makes them look great too. Ive been in engineering my whole life and it’s made me quite ocd about what I’m prepared to send out my door. If it doesn’t look or work as I want it doesn’t leave my bench….. simple.

if people want unfinished like this View attachment 15564
They’ll have to buy it elsewhere
I only supply finished ones like this View attachment 15565
Hello Richard
have you got any of theses for sale ? Preferably the gravel coated ones
Thanks in advance David.

Can’t make any promises as There is a couple of orders I need to get done first when my mesh arrives
and if I can do them they’ll be open both ends as closed end takes twice as long. I’ll let you know once I’m at the stage that I can start if I can make that or not 👍🏻

Back