• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

6lb Eustace Pro gold wanted

Looks like there's none around. I did see an ad for some on facebook in Tamworth but he won't post. Some 8lb & others £10 a spool if you can collect :
Might find some GR60 stuff instead.

Looks like there's none around. I did see an ad for some on facebook in Tamworth but he won't post. Some 8lb & others £10 a spool if you can collect :
Might find some GR60 stuff instead.
I have Terry eustace in 6lb on my centrepin of which I use for tench and perch , lovely line .

Hi Julian. I'm assuming you have tried Birmingham Angling Centre? 0121 373 6627 as the main source of GLT stuff Eric will be able to tell you definitively whether it's out of production. He's reopened now and opens Mon-sat until 5pm.

Thanks for the tip - a very long time ago I'd call into Terry's shop on the corner while travelling Yorks to Worcs - just had a look on Google & that's the BAC!
Was lucky enough to get a couple of rods back then. Might be silly chasing a spool of mono but it is good stuff. I'll give them a try.
Tight lines, Julian

Thanks for the tip - a very long time ago I'd call into Terry's shop on the corner while travelling Yorks to Worcs - just had a look on Google & that's the BAC!
Was lucky enough to get a couple of rods back then. Might be silly chasing a spool of mono but it is good stuff. I'll give them a try.
Tight lines, Julian
Yes, it's the same shop now run by Eric Oakes who built a lot of Terry's rods. Rob eustace is in there behind the counter sometimes. I'd be v surprised if Pro gold isn't still available in 100 and 1000 yrd spools. I bought both Pro distance and pro clear relatively recently. If Eric isn't keen to post, drop me a pm and I'll try to help as it's local.

Nic

Hi Julian, I've got what appears to be half a 550yards spool of both 6 and 8lb in a bag full of line I've been asked to get rid of on behalf of one of the local BCSG guys who unfortunately recently died. All monies raised are going to an angling charity. I think small parcel postage is 3.10 so make me a reasonable offer Inc the postage and we'll go from there

Have sent on a message Steve. I've tried phoning BAC without any luck so far - must be busy I guess.

Thanks for sorting it for me Steve - will let you know when it arrives, Best wishes Julian

Last edited:
Back