• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

400D baitrunner quiet

Kevin Brown

Senior Member & Supporter
Just acquired a used 400D and I’ve noticed the baitrunner clicker is much quieter than my other 400D which is nearly new , as I use this as my “alarm “ when distracted is there way to get it to make more noise ? The reel is in good shape and obviously been looked after and no other issues .

thanks

Just acquired a used 400D and I’ve noticed the baitrunner clicker is much quieter than my other 400D which is nearly new , as I use this as my “alarm “ when distracted is there way to get it to make more noise ? The reel is in good shape and obviously been looked after and no other issues .

thanks
Yeah there’s a clicker in the back.
It’s either slightly bent and not engaging as positive or covered in grease potentially dulling out the sound.
The return spring may not be functioning properly

You’ll find it here
2576CE70-712B-4AAF-937B-5A6CF0B0F0C2.jpeg

Ok thanks
is it just a case of taking the 3 screws out to get to it ?

Ok thanks
is it just a case of taking the 3 screws out to get to it ?
No there’s a bit more too it.

I’d suggest you don’t do it unless you’ve a good understanding of them.
if the main gear comes off with the outer case as you remove it you need to be aware that it only goes back in exactly the same way as it came out to the tooth.

No there’s a bit more too it.

I’d suggest you don’t do it unless you’ve a good understanding of them.
if the main gear comes off with the outer case as you remove it you need to be aware that it only goes back in exactly the same way as it came out to the tooth.
Ah ok
I’ll find a local reel servicing guy
Thank anyway 👍

Ah ok
I’ll find a local reel servicing guy
Thank anyway 👍
I can send you some info later on so you can do it yourself. It’s not difficult, it can just catch you out if the gears teeth are allowed come out as they need to go back exactly how they come out or the reel locks up.
The rotor needs to come off first or you won’t get the side panel off.

I’ve watched a YouTube video a few times , and if I can find a reel servicing fella I’ll go with that , I’m bound to make things worse lol

Yes !
Lost a good fish with it tonight
Drag locked up and mainline broke under the rod tip
Definitely needs a service
Right….. get em both to me! I’ll sort em right out.

I charge £15 for 1 or £13 for 2 or more plus return postage on top which I advise we use special delivery but that’s up to you.

I’m in Sweden this week so please if your sending anything try and get it to land at my address for Monday/Tuesday next week or after. But let me know 👍🏻

Right….. get em both to me! I’ll sort em right out.

I charge £15 for 1 or £13 for 2 or more plus return postage on top which I advise we use special delivery but that’s up to you.
Sounds good
It’s only the one , the other is brand new more or less
PM your address and I’ll get it off to you
Also method of payment

Thanks Rich, please PM me your addy. I would also like to pay the going rate, plus postage costs.

Many Thanks
Derek

Sounds good
Also method of payment
Up to you but Even though it’s new it won’t be right
They just chuck a smidge of grease in and send em out in boxes.
Your choice but if they were mine I’d want them the same.

Even if you just want one only doing I would ask you send both anyway. So I can hear and see the difference with the clickers

Sounds good
Also method of payment
Regarding payment I don’t take anything until the job is done with reel service work.

Sometimes (but rarely) they don’t need a service they need a repair and I don’t stock parts for that so in some cases I can’t sort the reel and there for won’t take the money.
I’m sure that’s not the case here but I’ll contact you when it’s all done.

What’s that river behind you in the picture Kevin. Looks awfully familiar

Regarding payment I don’t take anything until the job is done with reel service work.

Sometimes (but rarely) they don’t need a service they need a repair and I don’t stock parts for that so in some cases I can’t sort the reel and there for won’t take the money.
I’m sure that’s not the case here but I’ll contact you when it’s all done.

What’s that river behind you in the picture Kevin. Looks awfully familiar
Ok I’ll send both , I have a pair of DLs to use
It’s the Wharfe at Tadcaster

Back