• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

3mtr landing net handle

I don't know about the Gardner or Drennan poles, but I picked this one up, very pleased with it.
http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/landing-...t-valley-3m-extending-landing-net-handle.html
Thanks for the reminder Richard.....I was looking for an extendable net handle for a mate who is getting back into fishing. I popped up to The Tackle Box this morning and happily spent £35 quid of my mates money. I’m impressed and if I didn’t have a couple of Drennans I would be getting a Tackle Box pole. It’s heavier than my Drennans but not as heavy as the Gardner, it’s also slimmer than the Gardner. The plastic adjuster will need a bit of care being plastic but all in all great value and a good bit of kit....

Thanks for the reminder Richard.....I was looking for an extendable net handle for a mate who is getting back into fishing. I popped up to The Tackle Box this morning and happily spent £35 quid of my mates money. I’m impressed and if I didn’t have a couple of Drennans I would be getting a Tackle Box pole. It’s heavier than my Drennans but not as heavy as the Gardner, it’s also slimmer than the Gardner. The plastic adjuster will need a bit of care being plastic but all in all great value and a good bit of kit....
Looks good, perhaps the thread though on the adjuster being plastic might be it's Achilles? The Lone Angler and Gardner do seem to have the better locking mechanism, albeit heavier. The Drennan is quite different in how the handle is secured , a very neat solution, and imo the best I have seen. For me lightness is key.

HI Bob where did you get the 4.2m versions from
Hi Andrew,
Made up some extensions myself for both of the handles several years ago. Also modified the Drennan so the two sections cannot come apart.
Regards, Bob

Long Arm LN90 cropped.jpg

Last edited:
I have 2 Drennan twist locks. The newer one has a different mechanism to older one.
The older model doesn't lock anymore so after calling Drennan they said it must of been over tightened blah blah. They sent me out a couple of bush,/bungs but they don't fit the older model.

I've got the Gardner others have mentioned. Quite thick and a little heavy but very strong. Never had any problems with the twist lock but i do wash the pole down with warm water to rid any grit and spray little silicon on it after every session.

Back