• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

3ft Twitch Rubby Buddy Boilies

Paul Sellers

Hi,

I keep seeing large barbel being caught on 3ft twitch rubby dubby boilies and i've scoured the internet trying to find a supplier but they seem to be a bit underground ?

Can anyone give me the details of where I could order some please.

Cheers
Paul

Funny that, because I keep seeing people asking the same question about this bait, which is rather mysterious, as a five year old could easily find it on a very basic internet search. And oddly enough, on the various barbel forums I frequent, this question is usually their first post.

I can't quite pin down what it is about that that makes me vaguely suspicious that all is not what it seems :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Funny that, because I keep seeing people asking the same question about this bait, which is rather mysterious, as a five year old could easily find it on a very basic internet search. And oddly enough, on the various barbel forums I frequent, this question is usually their first post.

I can't quite pin down what it is about that that makes me vaguely suspicious that all is not what it seems :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Dave,
I think you are spot on. Strangley enough most people on previous threads on here didn't rate the quality or service of this "bait expert" says alot really.

Cheers, Dave.

Dave ( Colombo ) Gauntlett :D Do you wear an old flasher mac by any chance. :eek:

But nearly every big barbel that makes it into the angling press is caught on this rubber dubby baits! It must be brilliant!! ;)

Ding ding, tickets please.................... here we go again!

Two pages this time before the thread gets locked LOL

It looks like its doing the business. Seems Richard has changed his spots, keeping his head down and catching well. Everybody deserves a second chance??

What did Richard do wrong then please? I am in the dark here...

Cheers, Dave.

Run out and find me a five year old, i can't make head nor tail of this:D:D
Just thought you might appreciate that old gag Dave:)

Stephen

John and Stephen, it's a very long story...and Andy Francis would not appreciate my relating it all on here. My post was an in joke for the amusement of those who would know the facts and understand the situation. I probably should not have have started something I can't openly explain :)

Cheers, Dave.

Second chance it is then..:D

Barbel will eat just about anything....
It has very little to do about the bait....(IMO)
I bet spam has caught more big barbel than any other bait....

Anglers, especially barbel anglers are the worst...looking for that edge, rather than concentrating on the important things like location location and location...oh and which rod rest....

Its true.

The three things that every barbel angler should know. 1. Location. 2. Location. 3. Location. The right location for summer, the right one for autumn and the right one for winter. During the summer barbel can be caught on just about anything edible. I put my faith in method and location far more than bait type. Same for autumn. Winter is a different kettle of fish.

Winter barbel fishing is all about location just the same but methods and bait type definitely play a part. So does air pressure.

I'm not about to knock anyone who seeks to make a few bob from their association with angling. If we all did that then 75% of the household angling tackle names would have never got off the ground. The truth is, almost all of the bait sold to anglers catches fish. The better angler will catch more fish than a poorer angler on the same bait and that applies to the humble maggot.

I don't do the sponsor/field tester thing. I switch and change my baits that much there would be no point in putting my name on anything in particular. But I'm also fully aware that some commercial baits really do ring the barbels dinner gong when used correctly. And therein lies the rub. Most commercial baits are formulated to catch anglers first and foremost.

Its true.

The three things that every barbel angler should know. 1. Location. 2. Location. 3. Location. The right location for summer, the right one for autumn and the right one for winter. During the summer barbel can be caught on just about anything edible. I put my faith in method and location far more than bait type. Same for autumn. Winter is a different kettle of fish.

Winter barbel fishing is all about location just the same but methods and bait type definitely play a part. So does air pressure.

I'm not about to knock anyone who seeks to make a few bob from their association with angling. If we all did that then 75% of the household angling tackle names would have never got off the ground. The truth is, almost all of the bait sold to anglers catches fish. The better angler will catch more fish than a poorer angler on the same bait and that applies to the humble maggot.

I don't do the sponsor/field tester thing. I switch and change my baits that much there would be no point in putting my name on anything in particular. But I'm also fully aware that some commercial baits really do ring the barbels dinner gong when used correctly. And therein lies the rub. Most commercial baits are formulated to catch anglers first and foremost.

I would go farther than that Lee, and say that most fishing tackle in general is designed to catch anglers and not fish:)

Stephen

P.S. Its caught me plenty of times

Barbel will eat just about anything....
It has very little to do about the bait....(IMO)
I bet spam has caught more big barbel than any other bait....

Anglers, especially barbel anglers are the worst...looking for that edge, rather than concentrating on the important things like location location and location...oh and which rod rest....

Can we have a "which rod rest" thread not sure we have done one before?

;);):p

Back