• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

3 ft twitch baits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at the catch pics coming in on that page - a couple of Wye barbel and a load of pasty sized carp from commercial puddles. Then take a look at a proper bait makers page ( Nutrabaits, Sticky Baits, Mainline etc ) - bit of a difference! What makes me laugh is the guy openly admits on the page he has no real knowledge of bait making. Barely had time to catch my breath after reading about his 4 years studying barbel behaviour ( on the bottom of the Trent! ). Ridiculous.

I could take a bag of trout pellet powder, mix in an egg, roll it, boil it and hey presto - a boilie that will catch a few Barbel, particularly on an easy river like the Trent or Wye. Doesn't make it a great bait though.

Seen a good few barbel caught first hand on the 3FT Rubby Dubby boilie in not easy conditions (is it ever easy on the Thames?) Smells real good with a unique fishy flavour so I'm not surprised.

Stephen

I have to be careful what I say as a lot of people know what he is like , but would you pay £11.50 a kilo for a bait that never produced a fish at a fish for testers on a stretch of the Trent while another bait did produce for another angler and when someone asked the bait guru why they had failed to catch he said " there aint many barbel in that stretch " really well other people catch them and why take your testers for a social where they wont catch , when asked about other bait producing his reply is laughable when you read his page saying how his bait is tops and he is gonna build an empire " that company have been making bait for years and are big , my bait is just made for fun " yeah right I'd definitely £11.50 a kilo for a fun bait .

My opinion is that this bait is been bought in bulk from europe and repackaged , I cant comment but seen posted elsewhere that his recent barbel pics are the same fish just taken with different clothes on and different back ground , Try looking the man up on other forums , he has had countless run ins with people and his answer to questions he dont like on the FB page is to ban the poster then slate them . 3 years ago he was on forums asking for constant advice and then states on his web page he has 15 years experience , I could describe him in a few words but since he threatened to sue a few people last year for giving him a nickname think I best not !!!!!!!!

Seen a good few barbel caught first hand on the 3FT Rubby Dubby boilie in not easy conditions (is it ever easy on the Thames?) Smells real good with a unique fishy flavour so I'm not surprised.

Stephen

So unique that each batch smells different :D

my mate watched it 3 or 4 times ( mind you he is very brave ) and reckons theres an air stone in the ground bait , if anybody does feel like throwing there money away on his ( loosely termed ) bait then good luck , as he has taken his pricelist down , most of the stuff is on test til summer 2014 , the tench bait he aint produced a tench yet , not sure he has got his shed up and running since moving back to Nottingham as this is where he makes all his bait plus you may need to order 6 month before you want it as have seen folk complain about it either not arriving , arriving in an unusable state and when they have complained he has made numerous excuses up and even insulted a couple of them so be warned his customer service is worse than the bait . Allegedly :)

If your mates wants to try a new bait company tell him to have a look at Bait Factory or Hook bait company on facebook , I have no connection to either of these companies but they have excellent customer service and quality bait

there was a time when he was testing or selling lamprey pellets,potential customers beware,these pellets bare no resemblance to the pellets once made by teme-severn.

If your mates wants to try a new bait company tell him to have a look at Bait Factory or Hook bait company on facebook , I have no connection to either of these companies but they have excellent customer service and quality bait

Was going to mention The Hook Bait company in my earlier post, spoke to Darren a few times on FB and he certainly knows what he's talking about. I made enquiries regarding one of his baits, explained my situation and the way I fish and he put me on to another bait in the range as the one I fancied wasn't really suitable for my kind of fishing. That's what I call good service - he could have flogged me a load of the other bait to make a quick few quid but wanted to help me get the best bait for the job. Alan at AA Baits is another chap who's worth talking to - definitely knows how to put a good bait together.

Yeah Andrew but 3ft wouldnt as he has no idea and if you ask a question you get a load of flannel or ignored , he sells a pellet mix that is soaked in some fish oil , he wont say what oil and the pellets look like the really cheap ones but he charges something like £4 a kilo . thought by now one of his testers would have been on here disparaging anyone saying anything they dont like but then he has no connection to the admiin on here unlike other facebook pages where he and the admin who are also his testers ganged up on one guy and gave him abuse and then banned him for making abusive comments when he had said nothing

There is a lot of b******s talked about bait by some bait companies, mostly designed to catch anglers rather than fish, my advice for what its worth would be to only use a bait company that knows what they are doing, big prices and blurb do not mean a good bait, word of mouth recommendation is for me the best way of finding these companies, I then make my own mind up.

yeah the guys a parasite and how about his latest test bait again like all the others not available til summer 2014 , the Sizzle now that sounds familiar maybe thats why someone asked on his page was there any sausage in it and got the reply why , I cant think of one good thing about him but his testers are very loyal and pay more for their test baits than most reputable bait companies charge their customers

Hmmm only noticed his baits on Facebook yesterday so had a look on his web page. Will admit I was impressed how his eyes let him watch 4mm pellets bounce down the river for 80 meters. I loose sight of my feed the second it hits the water.

yeah the guys a parasite and how about his latest test bait again like all the others not available til summer 2014 , the Sizzle now that sounds familiar maybe thats why someone asked on his page was there any sausage in it and got the reply why , I cant think of one good thing about him but his testers are very loyal and pay more for their test baits than most reputable bait companies charge their customers

As does Quest For Barbel.

are his own blog page that he rammed down everyones throats every forum and page he went on , most of it is rehashed stuff from carp mags he aint had an original idea ever . Anyway sod this I'm off to the Tidal Trent to get a real 3ft twitch ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back