• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

3 f t baits?

Steve Prince

Has anyone used or have any feed back on these baits by Richard eavsham . A friend of mine is about to purchase some dubby boilies for fishing the Trent, after all his Frozen boilies have gone white like old chocolate does:eek::eek:

I use them, been doing so for 2/3 months, they seem a quality bait, I use dubby and furter in 16mm. Have managed a couple of doubles on them since i started.

Richard Easom is a decent enough bloke, not bad prices either.

I have seen Richard take a bit of a slating on here some members saying that he knows nothing about bait etc. One thing that i notice though is that his baits catch a lot of barbel plus i see now that he is starting a guiding service..

Yeah I've done some research on the bait he's doing, he's had some help from a chap with a carp bait background. Richards had some quality fish so something must be right. I've never met the bloke so I can't comment on what he does or doesn't , but if someone can pass any enthusiastic help in any walks of life they'll do for me. My mate Neil is picking some dubby boilies up on Friday I think ,and he fishes most weekends so it will be interesting to see his results.

Has anyone used or have any feed back on these baits by Richard eavsham . A friend of mine is about to purchase some dubby boilies for fishing the Trent, after all his Frozen boilies have gone white like old chocolate does:eek::eek:

Tell your mate that his 'white' boilies will be fine. It is something to do with the sugars coming out of the bait (or something) and they will be perfectly fine to use.

I have been sweating all my frozen boilies to achieve the whitening effect for my carp fishing, the fish love 'em. In such a state, the boilies are more 'active' and soluble and as such more detectable by fish.

Sorry to jump off topic slightly.

Richard Easom advocates the use of breakaway leads for Barbel fishing, for that reason I will never use his baits.

I used his baits at the start of the season. I went for the dubby as the testers had proved it to be successful early season with the furter been slightly better later on in the season when temperatures drop. I went for dubby 10mm frozen boilies dubby feed pellets (mixed sizes) dubby paste and the hook pellets in 8 and 14mm. I forgot to put the block of paste in the freezer and the same thing happened to me so i messaged Richard on fb and he told me it was just the sugars coming to the surface and not to worry.
I caught a few fish on the dubby especially the hook pellets and they certainly give off a distinctive smell. Richard told me he uses fermented fish oil in the dubby.

Dave

By the way Steve i gave some 10mm dubby boilies to a friend who fishes the Trent and he caught well on them even though a larger size may have been better.

Dave

Apart from Facebook, is there any way of seeing his bait range, prices or contacting him......be interesting to see what he offers now after his humble beginnings, after all it's only fish bait:)

Richard Easom advocates the use of breakaway leads for Barbel fishing, for that reason I will never use his baits.
????
Is that trolling ?? he didn't ask about leads, No so why did you mention leads ??.Richard has had enough grief over the years and I know 99 % of it is BS..just like this troll here, had to put his little dagger in... IGNORE IT.

Steve a few of my friends have said they are quality and do as well as any other quality bait :), I do know a lot of decent Barbel have come out on Richards baits.
Just hope the Barbel/chub are feeding and you will catch on almost any quality bait or your sandwich filling :D

Good luck

Paul.

I would never use his bait but know some that have purchased some, different colours and scent for what was supposed to be the same bait not good.

I know he's done his research and promoted his products across forums (to the nth degree) over the last 5 years. However, he seems to have made a success of his business so good luck to him. He's a bit like Marmite, though I don't suppose his bait is. :)

I would never use his bait but know some that have purchased some, different colours and scent for what was supposed to be the same bait not good.

I've found this with a bait I use from a very reputable and successful company - in fact I can't get a bite on anything else at the minute! Anyway there's been a couple of batches that have been slightly different in colour and scent and I asked the question, as you would. Apparently it is simply down to different fishmeals/krill and such that has fed differently prior to becoming an ingredient, thus making the flesh of the living creature develop differently. Makes logical sense to me and hasn't affected the bait I use.

Can't comment on the 3ft stuff, it seems to catch barbel but then again what doesn't??!

I've found this with a bait I use from a very reputable and successful company - in fact I can't get a bite on anything else at the minute! Anyway there's been a couple of batches that have been slightly different in colour and scent and I asked the question, as you would. Apparently it is simply down to different fishmeals/krill and such that has fed differently prior to becoming an ingredient, thus making the flesh of the living creature develop differently. Makes logical sense to me and hasn't affected the bait I use.

Can't comment on the 3ft stuff, it seems to catch barbel but then again what doesn't??!

Owt that I use :D

Back