• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

2 piece float rod ?

Dean Aston

I was wondering if there is a 2 sections float rod out there so I can have my rod already made up .

Price dependent

Maver do an 11ft 2 piece for about 40 which is good value for money, if you want to spend a bit more, take a look at the daiwa theory

11or 12ft, both 2 piece, fuji alconite rings , flat armlock cork handle with a fast pick up and power down the blank , only downside is the reel seat is a fraction small for my centre pin, but it does hold it,

Just had a look on e-bay and you can get a new Maver Abyss 12' 2pc match rod for £25, or the 12' 2pc Maver Genesis Black Ice match for £40! I've got a Genesis from a few years ago that i use for grayling fishing. Can't go wrong at that price. :)

Mines the Maver Genesis Black Ice, only it's been modified and improved by the inclusion of a custom spliced tip by Super Scuba Rod Builders of Bridgnorth, effectively doubling it's value ;)

Back