• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

2.75 rods

I agree with both posts
You can’t define a rod action by naming it after the intended fish you use to catch on it and the test curve system is total crap. However what choice do we have but to live with both as we do. I’m always referring to my Torrix rods as 1.75 barbel rods yet they couldn’t be any different to Terrys 1.75 barbel rods. Neither the test curve or the species actually tell you much about them but it’s the language we know all too well. By saying torrix or Hi S you actually get more meaningful information about the rods action.

I have a Pike rod that bends almost to the butt. And two Carp rods that have a similar action, but I also had a Carp rod that was like a poker. Grading rods by their itended species is a load of baloney. There are Carp rods designed to chuck a lead to the far side of the moon and they will have a different action to a stalking rod . They are both designed to catch carp, but they are totally different rods.

There are lots of ways to grade a rod's performance, but species isn't one of them.
That was kind of my point.

I agree with both posts
You can’t define a rod action by naming it after the intended fish you use to catch on it and the test curve system is total crap. However what choice do we have but to live with both as we do. I’m always referring to my Torrix rods as 1.75 barbel rods yet they couldn’t be any different to Terrys 1.75 barbel rods. Neither the test curve or the species actually tell you much about them but it’s the language we know all too well. By saying torrix or Hi S you actually get more meaningful information about the rods action.
In fairness its not a new thing, Roach Poles ? (ask your Dad).

Back