• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

2.25 tc rods

Luke Ayling

Hello gents...
I'm after some 2.25tc rods for fishing the Thames when the river is raging through in the winter...I don't really want customs,because flood Rods tend to get abused by me...
Any thoughts gents !

Luke

Hello gents...
I'm after some 2.25tc rods for fishing the Thames when the river is raging through in the winter...I don't really want customs,because flood Rods tend to get abused by me...
Any thoughts gents !

Luke

Hi Luke. I have been using a 12ft Daiwa Theory 2.25 tc Barbel rod for fishing the Thames and a flooded Kennet this Winter. Its perfect for this type of fishing. You can pick a new one up on Ebay for £83 free postage.

Ray

Last edited:
Hello gents...
Any thoughts gents !

Luke

Ive been using Greys Prodigy TX 2lb tc on the Thames in flood and had no problems.

Not specifically 2.25lb TC but there are two Wychwood Maximisers for sale in the classified section of this site. I have these as well as the Fox rods mentioned above and they're also very good rods.

Dave

i have a standard build mr lumb chimera GS12su if you want, as new it is, £110, sorry, don't want to get in to post right now.

Not needed.

Ditto.......

I'm curious if have either of you have fished the Thames when it is raging in winter flood?

Personally, I was fishing the lower Thames this January with an extra 6' of water and ten times the flow rate of current levels. 2.25lb rods are not over the top in my option with 8oz leads, raging flood water and double figure barbel that I encountered.

All the best,
Stephen

Have a look at the Daiwa Twilights , 2.25 tc avon top and a 3oz spliced in quiver , I have used them on the tidal trent in flood and they performed brilliantly

If you can get hold of a pair of 2.75lb ballistas they will do the job. I saw apair ho for less than 50 the other week.

Hi Luke,
I use a Harrison chrimera su 12ft test curve? Harrisons do not quote one.
For my flood fishing on the Thames. I use it with either a shimano 8,000 or 10,000 baitrunner. It will cast really large feeders but unlike carp rods that i have used on the river, the tip does not bend when all the **** builds up yet it still shows bites! Must be the short built in ground carbon tip.have had some really good fish on it, its not a poker of a rod, just an amazing rod. I will give you a ring. Perhaps meet up and you can have a look. Paul.

Hi Luke,
Have a poke about and see if you can pick up a pair of the old 2.25 Diawa Powermesh's. They are fantastic blanks. I regret ever selling my 1.5tc's many years ago now but have the 2.25's in the garage for piking.

Ian

Yes Stephen, Thames, Trent....... and the rest.

Just because you have an extra 6ft on doesn't mean you need 8oz. I have a pic somewhere of the Trent with 20ft on and my two 11's on cane rods with 3oz.

Last edited:
3oz you absolute barbarian.......

Back