• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

13lb EEL

Mic Foot

I couldn`t help but notice that, top of the fish of the week list in the Anglers Mail this week (10/8/10) was a 13lb plus eel but no cover story within the paper. Does anyone know anything about this outstanding capture, 2lb above the national record, any other species and it would have been screaming at us in foot high banners on the front cover. I`m perplexed!

Mic

I have heard of a slightly bigger one coming from a no publicity Colne Valley syndicate lake.I know the lake and I guess it would have been an accidental capture.
Phil.W

there's some bigguns in the colne valley, broadwater for one.
13lb is a snake!!!

On the N.A.C web site it says as the paper going to print they found out then and there be more in next week mag.Caught by a Tench fisherman

what a load ov rubbish again. Why do the paper's keep doin this . I thought these people were supposed to be expert's in what they do.

So he won a prize for something he cant proof . Got a camera but no shot of the eel of that size this takes the peee. I knew i should have put the 27 lb barbel i did from the middle severn in now

Dean if a 27 is all you've caught you aint got nowt to shout home about, 30s are where its at now lad.:D:D

I found it a bit odd that he made a point of saying it was well over 4 feet and he couldn't get his hand around it.........

The 4lb 6oz eel I had earlier this season was 4 feet long and I couldn't get my big hand half way round it.......I would imagine at 13lb it would be 6 feet long and 6 inches diameter at least..........!!

Good point Ian, my pb from a few years ago is 5lb 5oz and that was over 4ft long but quite a bit shy of 13lb

Now I know why I dont bother to buy the rag any more! If i had a 13lb eel i would move hell and high water to get a picture and witness! as for the 5lb grayling! is he having a laugh! if the fish was that big and died why didnt he submit the body for a record claim then? It must be the silly season!

Back