• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

13ft rods ,love them or hate them ?

During my match fishing days I fished with many 12 ft and 13 ft heavy feeder rods. That extra foot really makes a difference with accuracy when targeting the far side of any big river like the Trent. Also agree with Richard.

One of the best rods used to to be the Daiwa Amorphous Whisker river. Still got mine and it's still a great rod.

Last season I met someone fishing with a Cadence 13 ft 6 no.4 (really heavy) feeder rod. He let me have a go and, wow, was I impressed? You bet! It is a step up in power from the Amorphous. I ordered one two days ago and it arrived earlier. Can't wait to use it. Know exactly where I'm going!

I do ? Let me know when your going ! See you there

I bought 2 13ft korum rods about 5yrs ago for the trent found them cumbersome, heavy etc ,in fact I hated them and sold them after 1 trip,ideal length for me would be 11ft 6 for fishing the ribble...

I bought 2 13ft korum rods about 5yrs ago for the trent found them cumbersome, heavy etc ,in fact I hated them and sold them after 1 trip,ideal length for me would be 11ft 6 for fishing the ribble...
the rod of choice for the ribble 11ft 6in harrison snag and flood i have 2 and i also use them on the Dove will cover most of your fishing up to 3/4 foot on . then step up to chimera 3 for up to 10 ft on then i use the korum 13ft 2.5tc for the big floods if i need to fish in the flow and for the trent .yes there heavy but they are sat in the rests,gave £40.00 ea brand new with tags still on great rods for the money.

I used my old 13ft carp rods on the tidal Trent and was pleasantly suprised how well they performed. The tips were quite responsive to bites and casting big feeders was a breeze. Playing fish was better than I expected too for 3lb test rods.

Another vote for 11ft rods.

I fish 11ft rods (and centrepins) for 95% of my barbel fishing and much prefer them to 12ft rods.

I do use stronger 12 ft rods (with baitrunners) for big feeders on the Wye but if I could get the same rods in 11ft I would.

I don't fish the Tidal Trent

Back