• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

13ft non power carp rod

Darren Harrison

ive been shopping on the net for a nice 13ft match rod that isnt aimed at carp puddles.

im looking for a nice rod for fishing for smaller fish like the roach dace small chub.

anyone know any with a cork handle and a nice action ?

regards

Daz

Darren, the best ive seen and played with (but cant afford to buy at around £240) is the free spirit hi S 13ft 1lb 2oz jobs, they are delightful, very light, beautiful action and come as a 2 piece. The cheaper free spirit advanced saa 13ft rods are also nice, 2 piece and a match for most others in the £140-50 price bracket. The drennan series 7 are also very good value for the money, i have the 12ft 2 piece puddle chucker carp waggler, but i use it for perch and crucians close in and its very nice and soft in the top section and bends really well with smaller species. They do a 13ft version and it is nice, but not available as a two piece. Good luck, it's a mine field of rods out there. :)

Darren, take a look at the Korum Medium Float...it's 13 foot and is a really nice rod for the price....would suit what you want it to do and also be OK for Tench, Bream Crucians etc...Line rating 3-6lb

thankyou all

i went for the Team Daiwa SR3 Match Float Rod medium power.
a matchman friend has the full set so i thought id go for it plus it had £50 knocked off :)

Back