• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

11th Ousemeisters Barbel Challenge 23/9/2017

Update

Morning All . To confirm arrangements for the great day . Confirmed attendees so far :

David Maddison ,Mark Dyer,Gavin Hoe - Richardson,Greg Mellor , Peter Mellor,Robert Fisher,Robin Bowes,Neil Kirk,Bryce Henderson, Mike Lowrence , myself and Jonny ? . 12 in all . The intention is to eat afterwards at the Black Horse Tollerton which is 5 mins away . For those who haven't stated if you want food please let me know by the end of this week . We will meet on the grass verge in Back Lane Newton on Ouse , there is a sign stating parking area . Postcode YO30 2BN. Please do not park anywhere else in the village . Meet up at 12 midday , fish 1-7 pm . The stretch is 5 mins walk from the car park and the end swim approx 15 mins from the car park . If you have restricted mobility I can arrange parking at the venue entrance but this has to be pre arranged with me . Cost to enter £6 . Prizes :the coveted Ousemeister trophy for the biggest barbel + split cane barbel rod restored by myself ,wow .... Tommy Ruffe trophy for greatest number of tommys caught [ photographic evidence will be required ] Special prize TBA for the longest gudgeon , bring your own ruler , again photographic evidence will be required . Please note this is a fun event NOT a fishing match , no need for keepnets and all that rubbish . If I have missed anyone off the list apologies and let me know .PS , David don't forget to bring the trophy along !

Cheers - Mike

Hi Mike, do you no longer need to catch the biggest barbel with a split cane in order to win another one? Not that I'll be bothering the scales but just wondering what gear to bring.

Put me down for food please Mike cheers. And I will remember to bring the trophy also ;)
(I would very much like Gavin Golden Draw Richardson to draw for me again if that's Ok? ) ;)
Dave

Put me down for food please Mike cheers. And I will remember to bring the trophy also ;)
(I would very much like Gavin Golden Draw Richardson to draw for me again if that's Ok? ) ;)
Dave

No David , Gavin is going to miss the draw so I will nominate a suitable substitute . My little grandson Jaxon may be present , will he do ? :D

OK . Final list of attendees , David Maddison , Mark Dyer , Gavin Hoe - Richardson,Greg Mellor,Peter Mellor , Robert Fisher , Robin Bowes ,Neil Kirk , Bryce Henderson, Mike Lowrence , Liam Magill ,Jonny [ Gregs friend]and myself. 13 in total . All have put down for food with exception of Jonny . Greg could you remind me if Jonny requires food in the pub afterwards ?- Thanks . So see you all at 12 noon , if anyone gets lost , is going to be late or wishes to drop out please ring or text me on 07858757354

Great to hear it went so well, with quite a few barbel out, doing justice to how well it's fished recently, and to the spirit and organisation of the event. Well done everyone.

Back