• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Food!

Mark Gaskell

What is the best bit of scran to take onto the river with you? baring in mind the rain ,mud fishmeal etc. Myself idont think you can beat a good old steak and sidley growler! Like to hear other options except the healthy ones!;)

I like Pastrami or Peppered Ham on fresh white bloomer or batch loaf with a slice of gouda............... x2 :D

Pot noodles..........Well on it:cool:

Sticky rib pot noodle, excellent.;) Packet of pork pies usually finds the bottom of my bag along with a flask of coffee:D

A mate of mine on BFW, I won't say his name, but it's Ramon San Juan, he gets a full slab of liver pate (and I mean a full slab straight from the packet) and slaps it straight in the middle of an excessively buttered french baguette. Just watching him eat it is traumatic!

Personally, and this is something they do in Spain as an afternoon snack, I like to get a full bar of Chocolate and wedge it inbetween a french baguette. Sounds wrong but tastes delicious.

Chocolate biscuits, lardy cake and fags. What else does a growing man require?

Chocolate biscuits, lardy cake and fags. What else does a growing man require?

Sounds good Pete, but whats lardy cake:confused: and wouldnt be taking the fags now, just givin up and its doin my head in because I used to smoke like a chimney when I was fishing:mad:

i suppose it depends on how much the delivery man can carry to my peg after ive sent him my gps position.......:D

Sounds good Pete, but whats lardy cake:confused:
basically a cake made with lard, sugar and flour...a West country "delicacy" (I had a girlfriend who was from down there and she taught me how to make it..I think she wanted the life insurance pay out)and see Willl's post above for the treatment regime required.

Quavers, Discos, 2 litres of coffee, stove (for more coffee), fags, sweets, tiger bread rolls (yum) but, needless to say, Mac's cafe first for a heart-stopping, artery-clogging fry up. Get to the Kennet, try to avoid vomiting in my swim, smoke some fags to steady the lungs and ALWAYS make sure I have the emergency services on speed dial......

When Fox make a defribrillator I'll order one, as any other brand won't match the rest of my gear. I'm a bit of a tart like that :D

Heinz Big soup in a flask, Couple of cheese and pickle sandwiches, couple of apples and a flask of tea/ bottle of squash (depending on weather). That would be the healthy option. When I'm feeling lazy its what ever the local coop has on special off in the sandwich shelves and a couple of pastys and if I'm lucky a whole strawberry swiss roll;p
I do like the idea of doing eggs and bacon on a kelly kettle in the winter though:)

Back