• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bad Angling, Muppets and people who make your blood boil.

Jon Frisby

Senior Member & Supporter
Only fished a few times this season and some of the things i have seen have been disgraceful.
1. Landing fish straight onto gravel.
2.Trying to land a Barbel into a 14" net.
3. Multiple breaks on the hooklength due to the BS being too low.
4. Fishing from the top of the bank and dragging the Barbel into the rocks prior to landing it.
5. Numerous campfires.
6. Sleeping while rods are still in the water, bivvy all zipped up etc.
7. Litter
The best one so far was after 2 guys packed up leaving their rods, yes 4 rods still in the river, was to ask me to look after them while they took the rest of their tackle half a mile back to the car.

Is it just me that finds this unbelievably irritating.....

"The best one so far was after 2 guys packed up leaving their rods, yes 4 rods still in the river, was to ask me to look after them while they took the rest of their tackle half a mile back to the car."

Thanks for that Jon - saved us having to wind in :)

8. Anglers taking a dump in their peg then leaving it for the next angler to clean up!!

Yep pretty distgusting and something plenty of you guys will have experienced. Something that i found in a peg i fancied fishing on my first trent trip last week. The toilet on the campsite was only an 8 minute walk away. If you cant make it then at least clean it up!!! :mad:

Only fished a few times this season and some of the things i have seen have been disgraceful.
1. Landing fish straight onto gravel.
2.Trying to land a Barbel into a 14" net.
3. Multiple breaks on the hooklength due to the BS being too low.
4. Fishing from the top of the bank and dragging the Barbel into the rocks prior to landing it.
5. Numerous campfires.
6. Sleeping while rods are still in the water, bivvy all zipped up etc.
7. Litter
The best one so far was after 2 guys packed up leaving their rods, yes 4 rods still in the river, was to ask me to look after them while they took the rest of their tackle half a mile back to the car.

Is it just me that finds this unbelievably irritating.....

Been fishing at Collingham have you?? :eek:

sounds same as the previous years jon :( man last week walked out bivvy bollock naked up to neck int trent for a bath if only he knew what nasty stuff passes undetected throw there:eek:

The worst thing that I have seen, was last week on the Trent. The man in the peg just down from me kept getting proper screaming runs so he had to run flat out to his rods, and then he was strinking with emence force at the barbel, as if he was trying hook a marlin. His rods were very strong carp rods, he kept ripping the lips straight off the fish. He then got down on his knees and put his hands on his head, and was oblivious as too why this was happening to him.

another year on the trent boys i went to the conveyer field for a look 2 weeks ago must have been 20 rods round the conveyer and 8 cars and vans . i quickly moved on to a quiet spot. its not going to change on certian sections we need a big flood to get rid of the idiots for a few weeks or a freak winter starting in the morning

The middle to lower Trent catchment does seem to spawn an inordinately large proportion of dickheads. Perhaps it's something in the water.

Got a feeling with THE RUMOUR going around there will be a lot more D*CK HEADS on the Trent this season:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also at collingham one of our members was telling us how one of the idiots having a fricking mahusive bonfire caused a nice burn hole in his new brolly system:eek:.....bleeepers!

the worse thing i ever saw jon

was somone weighing a barbel by its gills
now thats very bad

Worst thing I have seen I think....a 'chav' not wishing to get his white trainers
muddy throwing a good sized pike back from the top of a high bank. I let him have it both barrells, wish it was not just a verbal volley.

Presumably this is why Collingham AA site carries this:
ITS BEEN NOTED THAT THE WEIR FEILD PEGS 1-48 IS HAVING A LOT OF RUBBISH BEEN LEFT ON THE BANK AND ESPECIALY IN THE CAR PARK. IF YOU DO NOT START TAKING YOUR RUBBISH HOME THIS WATER WILL TURN INTO MEMBERS ONLY WATER OR WILL HAVE TO GO UP TO 20.00 A DAY TO COVER THE COST OF US REMOVING IT.

I hope it ended in a broken nose for said individual Phill?
keyboard hard guys :rolleyes:

it never ceases to amaze me the number of people in bridgnorth who fish off the railings when the levels low. how on earth they net the fish is beyond me.

i know someone (not a mate) who lived pretty close to the river like myself who took a fish home "for a quick snap" not thinking the fish may die from being out the water so long... twit...mind you i bumped into the same lad the other night and he had some army issue rambo style knife with him he was proud as punch of... guess the worlds full of them.

Dick head anglers who cannot cast

Especially when sea fishing the ones who you see running along the beach waving a rig about on the end of the rod to get more distance supposedly and whilst doing the cast exploding the bait so really its useless

and the ones on rivers who cast so far up stream from there swim they cross you

keyboard hard guys :rolleyes:

it never ceases to amaze me the number of people in bridgnorth who fish off the railings when the levels low. how on earth they net the fish is beyond me.

i know someone (not a mate) who lived pretty close to the river like myself who took a fish home "for a quick snap" not thinking the fish may die from being out the water so long... twit...mind you i bumped into the same lad the other night and he had some army issue rambo style knife with him he was proud as punch of... guess the worlds full of them.

Alas they are everywhere.

KILL THEM!

Hugo

Noisy anglers. The type that turn up to a peaceful stretch of river late morning, slam car doors a dozen times, then set up in pegs a few yards apart but have a day long conversation as though they are half a mile apart.

They usually pack up mid-afternoon declaring that 'there's nowt in here' before planning their next trip chasing puddle pigs in the nearest hole in the ground.

Back