• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Isotopes

Craig Lea

Senior Member & Supporter
Evening chaps , I’m gonna buy some isotopes , any suggestions best ones , and clips to fix to rod top . Thank you .

I just buy the 15x3 mm from EBay then use a enterprise isotope holder
Any bigger I find they break on tackling up/down
There plenty bright enough for me but buy green as that’s the brightest colour I believe

There plenty bright enough for me but buy green as that’s the brightest colour I believe

These are excellent

I can’t find enterprise holders Kevin , or am a twit ? 😂

Another vote for the eBay ones. My are Blue because my alarms are Blue, and of course, everything has to match,......

Is this the holders ?

Attachments

• IMG_2126.png
    IMG_2126.png
    299.8 KB · Views: 130
There's two sizes, Craig, so make sure you get the correct size for your tip.

Isotopes if looked after last 20 years or more.

Have them fitted properly and make them an integral part of your rod
IMG_1578.jpeg

That looks very neat . I guess the isotope is glued on . What’s the make up of it all Richard ? Cheers

That looks very neat . I guess the isotope is glued on . What’s the make up of it all Richard ? Cheers
No it’s heat shrunk on. They were fitted as part of the rod build but they can be fitted like that to any rod.

That’s Dave Lumbs work and the rod is a chimera 3

I have the proper Drennan isotopes but the green clips are a pain to use.

I’ve just been using these disposable ones from eBay and so far they’re been great:

Back