• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

32" Landing Nets

They are really decent nets but waaaaaay too shallow. Actually the spreader block is pretty bloody awesome. Very strong indeed
I had both the 32 and 36 and moved them on. Something like 600mm at the deepest which is rubbish.
my net now is a no name. Guy on eBay Ray something puts them together and coats them in (proper) rubber. £50 apiece mind but there’s nothing around remotely like them.
I’ve got the 36 for barbel which is 900 deep and the 42 for pike which is 1100 deep. The mesh holes are a nice 1/2 inch so great in heavy flow. Metal spreader that interchanges between the two nets.
Drennan or Korum have never bought a net out that touch these nets imo. View attachment 14621View attachment 14622
Rich, have you got a link for the ebay guy that sells these nets?

Not that I can see, only one on there with that name is based in the US...with 4 transactions and 0% positive feedback...
Apologies...only got 42" nets on at present...might be worth a message to see if he'd do a 36".

Raysbargains999

Apologies...only got 42" nets on at present...might be worth a message to see if he'd do a 36".

Raysbargains999

That’s him. He’s the guy that did my 36 and 42. Super nets

Nice one appreciate that. Just messaged him.

Raysbargains999

Hi All
Have brought replacement 36 in mesh from Angling Direct -advanta own brand. Mesh is plenty deep enough, about 3 foot plus, mesh size ok, but not a proper river mesh £12! Had a couple of 14's in recently! Will give feed back in future, but still looking for the perfect mesh
Regards Wayne

Fox rage used to do replacement meshes for their xL pike net which fits 42 triangles perfectly
Maybe the smaller version of the net is good for 36’ triangles
It’s a fabulous mesh with decent sized holes and good flexible coating. It’s definitely worth looking at pike net mesh for barbel nets as they seem in my opinion suited perfectly for fast flowing rivers and deep enough to retain big fish.

Interesting reading , but a tad confusing .

How do you measure a net ?

Some manufacturers do it by the length of the arms on a triangular net.

Some do it by the width of the end on a triangular net.

Some do it from spreader to cord on a triangular net .

Some do it by the distance from spreader to end on a spoon net.

Some do it by the width of a spoon net.

Some do it by the diameter of a round net.

The depths vary as well, so I am not even going there.

it would be easier if there was a standard measurement , but there isnt, much like hook sizes, one mans ten is another mans 14 .

Dave

Interesting reading , but a tad confusing .

How do you measure a net ?

Some manufacturers do it by the length of the arms on a triangular net.

Some do it by the width of the end on a triangular net.

Some do it from spreader to cord on a triangular net .

Some do it by the distance from spreader to end on a spoon net.

Some do it by the width of a spoon net.

Some do it by the diameter of a round net.

The depths vary as well, so I am not even going there.

it would be easier if there was a standard measurement , but there isnt, much like hook sizes, one mans ten is another mans 14 .

Dave
It’s fairly standard now Dave that triangles are measured across the length of the arm.
I’ve not known in recent times for a manufacturer to state the primary size by another dimension on a triangle.
Spoons …… generally longest dimension on the diameter but the odd shaped nets I don’t know like squares or D shaped etc.

Raysbargains999

Just ordered a 36" from him, he as one more listed plus a 42 available.

Back