• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum S23 Chair

Stephen Scaysbrook

Is anyone on here using the Korum S23 Chair?. I've just had a look at one in go out doors but can,t quite make my mind up and at £107 I want to be as sure as possible that it'll do the job.. Are they good on sloping river banks for instance. It does seem a bit bulky but not to heavy..
Any input gratefully appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Scaz

I have the forerunner of the S23 "accessory chair" from Korum. Became too heavy to lug around on a roving session so bought their lightweight chair and only use the heavier one if I am fishing near the car! One thing I always check is that the legs can be adjusted individually. Some chairs have a bar across the rear feet which is next to useless when fishing rivers like the Wye.
It pays to look around these days as there are so many options in the market.

This design of chair has the perfect leg adjustment mechanism for sloping banks.
Full length legs that are adjustable at arse height. That feature alone makes them soooooo much more useful than your fox and jrc and nash chairs.
Down side is they don’t do a light weight version anymore.

This design of chair has the perfect leg adjustment mechanism for sloping banks.
Full length legs that are adjustable at arse height. That feature alone makes them soooooo much more useful than your fox and jrc and nash chairs.
Down side is they don’t do a light weight version anymore.
Yes, it's strange the lightweight version is no more. I have one, and it's excellent - particularly with the extra telescopic front legs (bought from Ebay). It could be a little more comfortable, but great for short sessions.

Yes, it's strange the lightweight version is no more. I have one, and it's excellent - particularly with the extra telescopic front legs (bought from Ebay). It could be a little more comfortable, but great for short sessions.
I had the extension legs on mine but been a heavy handed git I broke one by over tightening the adjustment screw and pulled the brass insert out.
So I made new legs for it from ally box.
73483C31-B1D7-4567-A65C-FE5DA377C335.jpeg

Back