• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Club Tickets.

Sorry Andrew, can't help you there as not actually fished Laughterton or Clifton, I generally stick to Winthorpe on the Newark Pisc book (I live in Winthorpe so it's dead handy for the Mrs to drop off whatever I've forgotten to take with me!!)
Walked Clifton a couple of times and it looks promising and as you say much quieter than further upstream so won't have been as pressured. Downside is the pegs do not appear to be maintained so it's a case of hacking your way through
I'll probably get a Scunthorpe membership shortly and that will give options from Besthorpe through to Laughterton so will have to broaden my horizons!
It's the laughterton stretch I was interested in. Anyone else on here got any experience of this stretch

Sorry Andrew, can't help you there as not actually fished Laughterton or Clifton, I generally stick to Winthorpe on the Newark Pisc book (I live in Winthorpe so it's dead handy for the Mrs to drop off whatever I've forgotten to take with me!!)
Walked Clifton a couple of times and it looks promising and as you say much quieter than further upstream so won't have been as pressured. Downside is the pegs do not appear to be maintained so it's a case of hacking your way through
I'll probably get a Scunthorpe membership shortly and that will give options from Besthorpe through to Laughterton so will have to broaden my horizons!
Alright Jim how busy has winthorpe been this season? I didn't bother renewing my ticket this season because it was so busy the season bedfore.

Alright Jim how busy has winthorpe been this season? I didn't bother renewing my ticket this season because it was so busy the season bedfore.
Yes it does still get busy, I walk the dog down there most weekends and a couple of times over the summer they were practically queing for a peg (likewise on the opposite bank for A1 pits)
I've been lucky in that I've been using up holiday so going midweek which is quieter but there are still a few out even then. Have had a few nice fish from the stretch though!

Yes it does still get busy, I walk the dog down there most weekends and a couple of times over the summer they were practically queing for a peg (likewise on the opposite bank for A1 pits)
I've been lucky in that I've been using up holiday so going midweek which is quieter but there are still a few out even then. Have had a few nice fish from the stretch though!

Interested in joining Newark Pisc though would only go about 5-6 times a year so wouldn't add too much to the circus. My Mrs likes the odd trip to A1 pits for an overnighter, but I hate the crowdedness. If I go somewhere like that I don't want the pegs nobody else wants. Can members night fish all of Winthorpe, or only above the A1?

Interested in joining Newark Pisc though would only go about 5-6 times a year so wouldn't add too much to the circus. My Mrs likes the odd trip to A1 pits for an overnighter, but I hate the crowdedness. If I go somewhere like that I don't want the pegs nobody else wants. Can members night fish all of Winthorpe, or only above the A1?
You can only night fish on the stretch between the level crossing on Holme Lane up to the A1 bridge.

Back