• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Brolly System

Ian Murfin

After a cold night on the middle trent I'm looking to upgrade my very basic oval brolly. I'm looking for a brolly system rather than a bivvy as I fish the Burton Mutual ticket and they don't allow bivvies on the river. I'll use the brolly on its own on Burton Mutual stretches and the 'system' elsewhere.
As always reccomendations from happy users are much more helpful than marketing blurb so any thoughts would be much appreciated.

I bought a Korum brolly about 4 years ago that has 2 "panels" that you can peg down to the ground. It's a bit more than a brolly and not as much as a bivvy. I think its marketed as a "shelter". I have storm poles as well so it's not a lightweight item but if I have my trolley, it's not a problem. When I'm roving I use my trusty poncho!!

After a cold night on the middle trent I'm looking to upgrade my very basic oval brolly. I'm looking for a brolly system rather than a bivvy as I fish the Burton Mutual ticket and they don't allow bivvies on the river. I'll use the brolly on its own on Burton Mutual stretches and the 'system' elsewhere.
As always reccomendations from happy users are much more helpful than marketing blurb so any thoughts would be much appreciated.
What about an over rap for your current ovel brolley. At least then you’ve got options to use it as a brolley or a full on shelter

Ian,
I have a Fox Supa Brolly Mk1 which is simply a large Brolly with extended sides to give more cover but my son has a Supa Brolly System which enables a front panel complete with various door openings to be zipped in. It’s ruddy brilliant and I wish mine was the system version. Unfortunately the Supa Brolly and Supa Brolly System are no more but I believe this to be the follow on version

There is also a more upmarket “expensive” version with more about it:

Might be worth a look at the esp Hideout as well

Regards
Bill

Last edited:
What about an over rap for your current ovel brolley. At least then you’ve got options to use it as a brolley or a full on shelter
It's probably 20 yrs old so nothing specific available unless there's something generic out there?

Ian,
I have a Fox Supa Brolly Mk1 which is simply a large Brolly with extended sides to give more cover but my son has a Supa Brolly System which enables a front panel complete with various door openings to be zipped in. It’s ruddy brilliant and I wish mine was the system version. Unfortunately the Supa Brolly and Supa Brolly System are no more but I believe this to be the follow on version

There is also a more upmarket “expensive” version with more about it:

Regards
Bill
Thanks Bill, I'll take a look

I bought a Korum brolly about 4 years ago that has 2 "panels" that you can peg down to the ground. It's a bit more than a brolly and not as much as a bivvy. I think its marketed as a "shelter". I have storm poles as well so it's not a lightweight item but if I have my trolley, it's not a problem. When I'm roving I use my trusty poncho!!
Thanks Paul, I'm looking for something with an optional front so not quite right for me

Thanks Bill, I'll take a look
I’ve just added following as well Ian. Much more budget friendly. As much as I like my Supa Brolly I got an esp Hide Out Bivvy which enables me to put a front panel on if required.

Regards

Bill

Esp low pro brilliant bit of kit plus you can get a mozzi wrap and a full door, I have both.

Aqua fast and light - used one summer and winter for years.

Cyprinus do a similar version of this, much cheaper and allegedly made in the same factory. I've not used these but a very good m8 does. Again wrap available

I have the Solar brolly system,got it on a black Friday deal with removeable front & groundsheet half price last year,have used it all this year,wouldnt be without it👍

It's probably 20 yrs old so nothing specific available unless there's something generic out there?
Abode did an over rap to suit 50 and 60 inch brolleys. It was ordered separately for there own brolley but would also fit others too. Was quite reasonable price too.

My Solar Undercover Camo brolly system arrived (they are now doing a green version apparently)

Solar Specs are -
- 10,000 HH Camo fabric
- Rain gutter on the front to direct rain water off to the sides
- Mozzi-mesh air-vent in the rear
- Two Velcro rod straps on the front
- Seven-spoke hub system with maximum head room thanks to the low-profile hub
- Supplied with heavy-duty pegs
- Drop-down rib extensions (removable)
- Multiple door options with full fabric, mozzi-mesh, roll-back sides
- Front can be completely removed
- Dimensions (m): 264cm x 150cm x 150cm

- Weight: 10.5kg ????? but thats cobblers !!! I weighed mine when it arrived without the packaging poles front pegs everything

bang on 7.4kg A MASSIVE 3.1KG lighter than Solar are saying ??
on a good note it seems exceptionally well made and not to silly big being 150 deep my bed fits right back with enough room for any gear bit

miffed Solar dont actually make a groundsheet for it but no real biggy plenty of 150 to 200gsm sheets available just erect it over one and marker pen round it job done cheap

Last edited:
Just purchased one of these, adjusted the position of the storm caps to suit my needs but other than that a brilliant product at (currently on sale) a decent price ;)

Esp low pro and hide out might be worth a look. Iv had the hide out for 3-4 years now with no issues and for the money they are spot on and covers everything from open front brolly to a full fronted brolly system.

I had a Wychwood Solace HD 50" Brolly . . .only used it for days but a solid bit of kit and could squeeze a compact bedchair under it if required . . .

Back