• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Diawa powermesh reel seat

Paul Clotworthy

Got pair of theses rods but my reels seat seems to wiggle a little bit when reels in there as tight has I can get them up also anyone else notice this with theses rods

No not really with mine, tho it may depend on what reel you use.
I have a daiwa sweepfire spinning rod that has a lot of wiggle room on the reel seat despite trying several reels on it.

Got pair of theses rods but my reels seat seems to wiggle a little bit when reels in there as tight has I can get them up also anyone else notice this with theses rods
Yes, they do a little with my SS2600s, but not with my Shimmy 3500bs...

I just wrapped a bit of tape round the bottom of the threas once tightened up to my Daiwas.

I use okuma 6000 inceptions on mine
I would of thought I more powerful rod like theses would take bigger reel than what I have on them also very strange they wiggle never had this on any of my diawa rods I have plenty also

That is strange. I have the basias 2.75 and I actually find them a little tight. I use them with shimano 6000D reels and would quite like them if they were a little bigger so the reel foot went in further.

That is strange. I have the basias 2.75 and I actually find them a little tight. I use them with shimano 6000D reels and would quite like them if they were a little bigger so the reel foot went in further.
Come to think of it, its actually the screw fixing that backs off from being tights with my ss2600s, so the tape was put on to prevent this.

Come to think of it, its actually the screw fixing that backs off from being tights with my ss2600s, so the tape was put on to prevent this.
My free spirits do this with that poxy carbon fibre thread that they boast to be so good. Bloody rubbish…… it just backs itself off all the time.

Reel seat and reel feet vary slightly in dimensions - enough to make quite a difference in 'fit' when using certain make and size combinations.
Wind down seats are quite prone to loosening.
Clone DPS 'pipe' type fittings can have a shorter thread available. Example - PacBay seats compared with corresponding Fuji sizes.
Some reel seats have an additional locking ring as standard and Fuji have lock rings available which are good - but use some of the thread.
Fuji lock ring:
lock ring.jpg

Some centrepins have wide and long feet which can prove a problem when fitting reel to rod.
Most rods come with a reel fitting that is most likely to fulfil the more common/likely situations, the DPS 18 being a good bet for our sort of rods.

Cheers
Bob

Back