• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum trilogy.

I have just had 2 korum trilogy rods arrive, they are a good looking rod the first thing I noticed was how slim the handle is, also you can buy a spare 4oz quiver tip if you want to.
I wish I lived within five miles of a river so I could give them a wiggle.
regards paul.

I have just had 2 korum trilogy rods arrive, they are a good looking rod the first thing I noticed was how slim the handle is, also you can buy a spare 4oz quiver tip if you want to.
I wish I lived within five miles of a river so I could give them a wiggle.
regards paul.
Frustrating isn't it? But all that pent up frustration will be forgotten when eventually those rods bend into a good Barbel.

They certainly look a very useful and versatile rod practically covering you for everything baring the seriously extreme
I’d also be interested in hearing how they perform once you get chance to wet a line again.

hi Richard and Rhys, yes when I can get out with the rods I will let you know how I get on with them, if anyone wants to know where I got them from let me know as they still had another four in stock after I ordered mine, it took me ages to find anyone with them in stock. All the best.

My mate is still waiting for his that his mom ordered him for Christmas. I’m tempted to get a pair if they’re any good

My mate is still waiting for his that his mom ordered him for Christmas. I’m tempted to get a pair if they’re any good
Hi jon, I will post on here when I get to use them but they do look a nice rod, not many shops have them in stock but they are still advertising them, so before I got mine of the internet I rang the shop first to make sure they had them in stock. regards paul.

Have you used them yet Paul and what's the verdict ? The reason I ask is that I have two Korum 2Lb rods and the good lady was asking what I wanted for Christmas, so was thinking the Trilogy with the 1.75 & 2.20 Lb would be ideal for the Middle Trent for Barbel.

Have you seen the 'new' Korum Big Water rods . . ? Any realworld reviews on these barring the dodgy graphics - 2.25/2.5/2.75 - the 2.75 12/13' will lob 250g/9oz apparently . .!

Last edited:
Have you used them yet Paul and what's the verdict ? The reason I ask is that I have two Korum 2Lb rods and the good lady was asking what I wanted for Christmas, so was thinking the Trilogy with the 1.75 & 2.20 Lb would be ideal for the Middle Trent for Barbel.
hi kevin, i haven't had any barbel on them yet but have had carp on them up to 25lb using the 1.75lb top and they coped no problem, i think they will handle any barbel i catch, also they are capable of casting large feeders out, but the tips are still sensitive to bites.

At first I didnt like them as they seemed excessively stiff. Having handled a few surprise carp up to over 20lbs while barbel fishing I must say though that they are great rods for the money and very versatile.

I would surely use them for carp and heavy barbel fishing though only.

Hi jon, I will post on here when I get to use them but they do look a nice rod, not many shops have them in stock but they are still advertising them, so before I got mine of the internet I rang the shop first to make sure they had them in stock. regards paul.
Not just to Paul, all I seem to hear is when I wet a line ill tell you, come June decide then, I thought this forum gave reviews, on their performance and does what it says on the tin

Back