• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Particle catapult

Gaz, PM me your mobile number, and i,ll sent you a pic of a brand new one ive got in the shed, if its any good to you, just pay me the postage. 👍

Guru Incredipult. Best catapult I've ever used. You have to be careful or it will rap your knuckles though.

This season I've been using an old Middy semi-hard [steady lads!] cup catapult intended for groundbait, and been very pleased with it. I get much better 'grouping' with it than with pouch-type catapults that I've used in the past.

Korum one did not last me very long i have been using a unbranded one for last couple of years purchased from a local tackle shop, classed as a carp catty, good sized cup and sturdy tie clips holding the elastic to the frame.

Korum one did not last me very long i have been using a unbranded one for last couple of years purchased from a local tackle shop, classed as a carp catty, good sized cup and sturdy tie clips holding the elastic to the frame.
Trouble with them the elastics perrish, I have mine in the shed in a draw and it still happens over time .

Catty elastic is actually rubber and rubber loses its oils over time and becomes brittle, even if left in a draw unused. Actually using the catapult exercises the rubber and handling it transfers oils from our hands. But we can do more to maintain it. A thin smear of rubber grease every month would be ideal, but a light oil of any description will help.

Back