• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Time for a new rod

Not fished for a few years due to work. Looking a new rod 1.5 T.C.
Does any body make three piece rods.
Harrison Tryptych 12ft 1.5lb TC Neil. If you don’t have a local rod builder search the Harrison site i’m sure you find someone who will make one for you.

If you can live with 2 piece your options are endless
There are afew options for 4 piece rods too.
wherever possible run some line through a few and get a feel for it before you part with the readys.
Not always possible especially if getting a posh one built but then you do have the expertise of the builder to help you out with suitability.

Jw young used to do a 4 piece 1.75 travel barbel rod with a 5th piece in the form of a quiver tip. Not a bad rod at all and can be picked up quite often used for sensible money.
As mentioned above Harrison have a couple of options if you’ve got Harrison money to budget for it.
Another option for you which might be viable could be to go two feet 10ft. So instead of a 4ft broken down rod you might be able to get away with a 5ft one.
Take a day out when the tackle shops open up (Monday ours opens) and go and pull on a few to see what takes your fancy.

Just so happens that I have one of these blank sets.
Cheers
Bob
Sorry Bob I would have recommended you but for some reason I thought you’d stopped building ?

There you go Neil, have one knocked up by BFW’s bestist rod builder 😀

Back