• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bah Humbug

I'm currently sat at work surrounded by people wearing silly hats and jumpers that are too tight for them.
Bah humbug indeed

When your in-laws talk about some family friend and how sad it is that they are spending Christmas Day on their own and you’re agreeing with them but actually thinking right then how you would give anything, literally anything, to swap.

Love it for the kids, but otherwise it’s a massively distasteful expression of gluttony. He says, unable to move or breathe.

Howard - erudite and hilarious, as ever. Made my whole family laugh (almost loudly enough for me to slip out the door unnoticed). Well, still here. Bah humbug.

Howard you should have had you family down at the Saracen's yesterday - at least you could have looked at the river knowing full well it was the best day to fish as the snow was coming in and the temperatures plummeting...

Howard you should have had you family down at the Saracen's yesterday - at least you could have looked at the river knowing full well it was the best day to fish as the snow was coming in and the temperatures plummeting...

Weirdly, that’s exactly where we were! Took the dogs for a walk and then stopped in for coffee and cake. Lovely.

I thought you might have been - we had lunch their with friends, it was a tad busy, pub that is - there was no one on the Biblins or Newport waters and probably won't be this week given the weather...

Christmas what's not to like... family, friends, food, drink, presents and holidays...........I love it. But the weather and rivers conditions were good.

Seasons greatings Greg

Back