• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted - Cadence 10ft Wand

Rob Francis

Hi all,
I’m looking to do a bit of Gudgeon bashing and general ultralight fishing this coming season and am looking for an ultralight bomb rod.
I’ve come across the Cadence bomb rod which seems ideal but now out of production.
Or I’d be very interested in one if the Drennan ultralight bomb rods too.
Thanks in advance,
Rob

I have an old dam multipicker 11 ft detachable handle 3 pc 3 light quiver tips and one swing tip. Sounds similar to what your after let me know your thoughts? Regards peter

Hi, Rob, I was in the same position last year, looking for both feeder and float rod for gudgeon, the drennan ultralight is one I am using for feeder fishing, but I found it still heavy for gudgeon, what I ended up with is I imported a little micro fishing lure rod, a perfect tool for the gudgeon. The closed thing I can find in uk is some bfs lure rod.

Hi, Rob, I was in the same position last year, looking for both feeder and float rod for gudgeon, the drennan ultralight is one I am using for feeder fishing, but I found it still heavy for gudgeon, what I ended up with is I imported a little micro fishing lure rod, a perfect tool for the gudgeon. The closed thing I can find in uk is some bfs lure rod.
Funny you should say that,
I do a lot of LRF fishing at Weymouth & Swanage and have a 7’2” 12g Majorcraft Aji-Do rod which could work. I’d like to use some tiny feeders so the rod will be a bit overloaded but I’ll only be casting with an underarm swing so should be ok.
I was just wondering if the carbon (solid) tip may be a bit stiff compared to a glass one?

Funny you should say that,
I do a lot of LRF fishing at Weymouth & Swanage and have a 7’2” 12g Majorcraft Aji-Do rod which could work. I’d like to use some tiny feeders so the rod will be a bit overloaded but I’ll only be casting with an underarm swing so should be ok.
I was just wondering if the carbon (solid) tip may be a bit stiff compared to a glass one?
The drennan one comes with spliced carbon tips, 0.75oz and 1oz, the 0.75 is ok for the job. And same as you I prefer glass tip for this kind of work. The rod I bought is 5g casting weight with a glass tip, so I don’t use feeder as the lightest one I can find is too heavy for the rod, I use 5g lead with maggots in pva bag, works well with underarm swing.

The Drennan Ultralight Bomb Rod is an amazing rod and a real joy to use. I have the 10’ to 11’ version, which I use for Perch fishing. Despite being a true finesse rod, I’ve landed plenty of bonus Chub to over 5lb and a few Barbel to over 8lb, both of which took a liking to lob worms.

The drennan one comes with spliced carbon tips, 0.75oz and 1oz, the 0.75 is ok for the job. And same as you I prefer glass tip for this kind of work. The rod I bought is 5g casting weight with a glass tip, so I don’t use feeder as the lightest one I can find is too heavy for the rod, I use 5g lead with maggots in pva bag, works well with underarm swing.
I do like Drennan rods so will consider it keep an eye out but the Cadence has tips of 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 ounce so sounded ideal.
Or I’ll look at lure rods to see if I can find one with a glass tip, cheers

I do like Drennan rods so will consider it keep an eye out but the Cadence has tips of 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 ounce so sounded ideal.
Or I’ll look at lure rods to see if I can find one with a glass tip, cheers
the drennan rod is very nice as Neil said, it has more power than you think. I did drug a 7lb chub out of snagg with it last winter.

I’ve been looking for the cadence wand rod for a year now, no luck so far. Another choice would be old sharkspeare 1880 wand rod. Also Freespirit ctx feeder lite sl rod, also comes with 0.25.0.5 and 0.75 tips.

the drennan rod is very nice as Neil said, it has more power than you think. I did drug a 7lb chub out of snagg with it last winter.

I’ve been looking for the cadence wand rod for a year now, no luck so far. Another choice would be old sharkspeare 1880 wand rod. Also Freespirit ctx feeder lite sl rod, also comes with 0.25.0.5 and 0.75 tips.
Thanks Huanzhou, I didn’t know about the feederlite sl, have only seen the regular ones. That could be worth a shout👍🏻

Hi all,
I’m looking to do a bit of Gudgeon bashing and general ultralight fishing this coming season and am looking for an ultralight bomb rod.
I’ve come across the Cadence bomb rod which seems ideal but now out of production.
Or I’d be very interested in one if the Drennan ultralight bomb rods too.
Thanks in advance,
Rob
PM Rob

Back