• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Troubled Waters

Yes mate about time Countryfile highlighted such important issues. I did catch all of it and I admit for me to watch such programmes is difficult, it depresses the Hell out of me, we anglers know the problems and hopefully these abuses of our beautiful rivers reach a wider audience.
Personally because of pollution I was hospitalised and had surgery. The problems are far greater than are recorded.
There was a tv report the other day regarding a small southern river where anglers are monitoring pollution such as e. Coli, and they have grown e.coli on dishes all along the river. Anglers are by nature quite passive and we need to be more vocal and not apologetic for what we do.

Yes mate about time Countryfile highlighted such important issues. I did catch all of it and I admit for me to watch such programmes is difficult, it depresses the Hell out of me, we anglers know the problems and hopefully these abuses of our beautiful rivers reach a wider audience.
Personally because of pollution I was hospitalised and had surgery. The problems are far greater than are recorded.
There was a tv report the other day regarding a small southern river where anglers are monitoring pollution such as e. Coli, and they have grown e.coli on dishes from samples all along the river. Anglers are by nature quite passive and we need to be more vocal and not apologetic for what we do.

Back