• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

TF Gear bankboss ultralight chair

David Maddison

I need a new chair and dont really want to spend more than £80. Does anyone have one of these chairs? I would like arm rests and a comfy seat for any longer sessions i have, and with tfg and the korum chairs you can add bait trays or other extra's, which appeals to me. I don't get to go fishing much, but would like something of reasonable quality that will last!
Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

I have the tfg comfort zone chair and rate it highly. They do a version with arm rests, but you can't add on the trays/rests etc.....

I have a chub lo lite, which doesn't have any arms. However, i know there is a version available that does have them.

Also, i'm sure that the Korum chair accessories will fit any chair, not just theirs.

Have a look on their website to check though!!

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Sam, I have just looked at a comfort zone arm chair on ebay. I think i would rather go for the extra comfort now without the side trays and extras. Looked at the dave lane tfg arm chair and that looks similar - very padded seat. The quality of the tfg chairs does look good, but some of the reviews for the comfort zone arm chair say the legs do not lock, and the chair can colapse!
Not something i want to happen on the slopping muddy banks i fish!

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy a TFG bed/bedchair,lots of reports of the weld breaking, plenty of other choices though, Chub/Nash/JRC to name a few

Hi Tim, I have just looked at a chub low-lite xtra chair, and i would save a few quid if i got one, but there is extra padding on some of the other armchairs, and the extra comfort on longer sessions would be better.
Korum do an any chair adaptor now to fit accessories to :cool:

I wouldn't buy a TFG bed/bedchair,lots of reports of the weld breaking, plenty of other choices though, Chub/Nash/JRC to name a few

Thanks Mark, I have heard good reports on chub chairs. Just looked on their website and the xtra comfy chair looks within my budget, but if i can find the cloud 9 rest easy high leg at a discount i would go for that.

Dave

Tfg

To be honest after a couple of purchases I would NEVER buy anything by TFG again I am convinced it stands for Total F***ing Garbage everything that they sell falls apart

mike

This summer, I bought a second-hand JRC Cocoon Excel Chair for my static sessions, and I've been delighted with it.

Although it's quite bulky, it's very light for it's size at 5.6kg, and it seems well built. The main thing for me, as someone with a dodgy back, is that its very comfortable, and gives me plenty of back support even when I'm slouching (which I usually am!). There's plenty of padding but the key to the comfort is that it is sprung all the way round the perimiter, like a bedchair.

The only thing is that it doesn't have arms, but that hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would.

The seller threw in an aftermarket detachable tray and a brolly arm. As David said, you can get attachments that will fit any chair.

Can't comment for others but i've had no problems with my tfg chair.

Bet you 'aint 18 stone,Sam !

The Korum lightweight chair,and I use the original mesh version,though occasionally use the high back ,or new lightweight,are built to last and DO.

And I 'aint no lightweight .

Last edited:
nash indulgence mate great chair worth paying the extra money to get

Hi Robert, just looked at that one and it looks very comfy. The top end chairs seem to be padded just like the bedchairs. I really need to sit on one with arms then without to see if it really matters to me.

Last edited:
Bet you 'aint 18 stone,Sam !

The Korum lightweight chair,and I use the original mesh version,though occasionally use the high back ,or new lightweight,are built to last and DO.

And I 'aint no lightweight .

I was going to put my not even 11 stone self probably doesn't strain the chair :D

To be honest after a couple of purchases I would NEVER buy anything by TFG again I am convinced it stands for Total F***ing Garbage everything that they sell falls apart

mike
has anyone tried the worlds best barbel rod...lol:confused:

JRC chairs all the way for me!! lightweight, comfy and not that expensive.
Whatever you buy mate make sure it's got a lightweight frame, know plenty of people that have been duped by the price and got steel framed chairs and bedchairs, worst thing ever on long trecks!

jack

Avoid the chub x-tra comfy chair's, i have one and i have used it twice now and it comes apart, the nuts on the arm rests undo themselves every time i open the chair plus the legs don't have a stop mechanism on them so they pull out completely and the springs etc fall out......cr*p, cr*p, cr*p:mad:

Back