• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sliders, walking bolos and sticks.

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
It’s rare I use anything but a bog standard stemmed bolo float and like most people I’ve got hundreds of others that come out rarely but are handy when you need them.
I’m selling a bunch of those types off because I’ve got far too many I couldn’t physically lose them all in my lifetime.

IMG_4764.jpeg

All top end stuff no rubbish bought in job lots here.
On the left you’ve got sliders. 3g and 4g tubertinis for your real deep slow stuff like stretches some of the stretches of the gt Ouse I used to fish. These were ideal for trailing bottom in 12ft of steady moving water.
Then I’ve got 6g sliders between the sensas Alain and tubertin’s and 8g in the lineaeffe. These are more for your deep tidal rivers. Ideal on tidal Trent. Ive caught barbel using these on the stretches round east stoke and Sheldon’s where its over 3m deep and makes life difficult for TnB

On the right you’ve got fixed line floats.
a 6/8/10 cralusso bolo set. I call them walking bolos and they are a float that I rarely ever use but when the situation arises they allow you to do things that other floats simply can’t.
These are designed to be trotted a good way out from the rod tip. Eg your standing on 1 bank and trotting the far bank. You can hold these back along the far bank and they pull in the opposite way staying on your trot line.

Not great if your catching bottom a lot and dragging under as the shape makes them difficult to pull back to the surface quickly.
These are hideously expensive to buy

Then we’ve got a bunch of drennan sticks which I’ve had years and never used.

To buy this lot new your looking at pennys in change out of £60

I’ll post the lot for £30

Back