• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Roach

Thanks Robert, you are bang on. And if it was easy it wouldnt be as enjoyable; i had forgotten how powerful roach can be on light tackle, absolute scrappers arent they. :)

Yeah and you can always tell its a roach , Due to work they might end up been my main target for most of the sessions I will get

Very enjoyable roaching day with about 60 fish from 8oz upwards to 1lb 9oz.

Typical fish and one of 4 interrupters..... this one about 14lb

roach1.jpg

roach2.jpg

roachcarp.jpg

Graham

While recuperating from a hernia repair I've been restricted to fishing the canal (Llangollen) at the end of my garden. I've been feeding mashed bread and fishing flake in the evenings after the boat traffic quietens down. Most evenings managing 6-8 roach to around 10oz, but last night I managed to get one of my target fish with this one at 1.09.
10913812.jpg

While recuperating from a hernia repair I've been restricted to fishing the canal (Llangollen) at the end of my garden. I've been feeding mashed bread and fishing flake in the evenings after the boat traffic quietens down. Most evenings managing 6-8 roach to around 10oz, but last night I managed to get one of my target fish with this one at 1.09.
10913812.jpg

Awesome.

My kind of fishing. :)

Thanks guys, I was pretty pleased with that one!
I've heard many rumours of 2's coming from my stretch, I intend to target them more this winter when the boats are less of a problem.

Steve, gorgeous fish. I well remember seeing all those roach, under the canal boat, as we cruised along.

Last edited:
Lovely roach fishing Steve. I fished a match on the Llangollen canal, in.........1982! It was of course a junior match :) beautiful bit of water....

Will, stonking roach fella :) Hope it was off the Thames.

One of my local pits, near 60 acres, has turned up the odd very big roach. In fact we found a 3.2 dead :( in the margins this summer, mint condition. We also found a 2.9 last year, again scale and fin perfect. They are never fished for, therefore a couple of the lads I know, will be targeting them.

Ian

Last edited:
Cracking fish will! Have set myself a target of having a decent roach this winter, having never caught them by design before, just wondering if anyone knows if aldermaston mill has any form for decent roach was thinking of fishing the stretch above the weir for them my thinking being its slower/deeper or am I on totally wrong in thinking that? Any advice gladly appreciated or can anyone reccommend any other day tickets local to Basingstoke, (rivers not lakes)

Back