• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

A chocolate coloured lower Severn yesterday.
Lower Severn 070224.jpg

Maybe your hobby could pay for itself if you wanted to share your photos witha wider audience, they are exceptional after all,
G.T.
Photography is much easier nowadays as cameras and software have become so clever so there’s lots of folk taking great images. It would be nice to get a bit of the outlay back of course but your pics have to be a bit more special than mine.
There are a number of artists who use my pics ,… I just ask for a credit.
I’ve only just started to print out my pics for some albums in case I fall off my perch and they’re all lost.🙂📸

IMG_5825.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5404.jpeg
IMG_5669.jpeg

I've asked him to do a book lots of times Graham!!!! A Superb Photographer.
And Chap.
What a beautiful set of pictures. If you have the "feel' in being immersed in nature as we anglers are then it can be seen that others cannot.How many see Otters in the wild, Kingfisher and the like?
The picture of the Kingfisher is a male offering a meal to a female a pre curser to mating. BBC did a feature on these birds yesterday which was great. The young birds are fledged and fishing after just three and a half weeks.

What a beautiful set of pictures. If you have the "feel' in being immersed in nature as we anglers are then it can be seen that others cannot.How many see Otters in the wild, Kingfisher and the like?
The picture of the Kingfisher is a male offering a meal to a female a pre curser to mating. BBC did a feature on these birds yesterday which was great. The young birds are fledged and fishing after just three and a half weeks.

I call this kingfisher mating ritual ‘the Passover’ Neil.
If by chance we anglers can actually get on the banks before the end of the season it’s worth looking out for ,… I took this image in early March on the Dorset Stour.
They should be starting to dig their burrows about now but I fear the constant high levels
IMG_7595.jpeg
will impact them badly.

Roving the Stour in winter.
Not a recent pic,… fed up with taking Stour-in-flood images so I looked back to my archives to when the winter levels would let me trot a float.
I remember struggling for a pic that chilly day whilst walking Muscliff then noticed this guy on the Bounds bank and thought… that’ll do.🙂📸🎣

IMG_6290.jpeg

Back