• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Perch

Great looking quartet Anthony.

Howard, RE your problems. Might I suggest you hook the LB through the root of the tail. It could be that Perch here just want to smash the head right away and due to line and angles etc, they arent getting the full grab as it were.
Hook the wrist and let the runs go a fraction longer, should show a result.

Thanks for the comments chaps. I'll be trying for more this weekend, but the conditions don't look as if they'll be as favourable.

Seasons best caught a few weeks ago.
119A85B4-979B-4BC3-9DC3-CE554FF26D8E-10100-000008FA02EAD949.jpg

A 'bb' short of '4'.

Steve.

Anthony ... a lovely group photo that , enough to motivate a trip this weekend. I see that you describe conditions as less favourable this weekend, which I presume is with reference to the current cold snap . Would you say that Perch would tend to go off the feed to a certain extent with the temperatures or changes in temperature we have seen this week ?

Will , thanks for the advice regarding hooking ,i'll give it a go on my next trip........ and Steve , that is a fantastic fish and photo to .

Last edited:
Had this half decent Stripey off the Severn earlier this week....the best of a few on the worms

snowy2_zpsd9a315ae.jpg

Made my day in the snow

Paul

Back