• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Light Weight Chair

Vince Maddock

Hello,

I'm after a light weight chair but I don't want a low to the ground one that I struggle to get up from (buggered knee from too much rugby). Also, it must have good mud feet on it.
What are you guys using?

Vince

Last edited:
Welcome to the site Vince, good to have a fellow knee sufferer on board ( we'll have to get a thread going on Glucosamine !!! )

If you want something light I can recommend the Fox Duralite chairs ( they do a standard and XL size. I have a booty that Niki Minaj would be happy to carry and I can squeeze into the standard ). They have arm rests which can be removed if they prove restrictive,

Also the reliable old JRC Stealth X-Lite chair which also comes in a recliner version ( dangerously comfy if you're a napper ! ) at a slight weight penalty.

All recommended have locking legs to eliminate the time honored collapse into the 'delivery' position.

Trakker level lite long back
Hello,

I'm after a light weight chair but I don't want a low to the ground one that I struggle to get up from (buggered knee from too much rugby). Also, it must have good mud feet on it.
What are you guys using?

Vince
Trakker level lite long back chair👍

Another vote for the JRC Stealth X- lite. Had mine about 4 yrs now. As pointed out when I bought it, when the elastic providing the cushioning on the seat stretches it can be tightened up like a pair of shoelaces, did mine last week now super comfortable again. Very light and robust.

I'll second the Fox Duralite, certainly not cheap but extremely well made and solid. I've had cheaper and found they are not as good, the arms are solid and will easily take your weight getting in and out without bending and creaking (the chair not me) and the seat construction is excellent with little chance of the fabric tearing at rivets etc.

Another vote for the Jrc Xlite. Mine has had some right Hammer and it's still going strong.

Jrc Xlite gets my vote also. If you cant get a mate to carry your kit for you...this is the next best thing! :)

Take a look at the new Korum aeronium chairs...the delux version may just fit the bill. I’ve had a supalite chair for yrs and still going strong after much abuse, the new version of this will be too low for you but delux might

Another vote for the Fox Duralite best chair on the market by a country mile imo.... as for the weight I can hold out the open chair at arms length with one hand just holding one of the legs

I got a crane chair from Aldi year before last
Cost £20 and has lasted longer than Fox chairs and still has some of the guarantee left
Appreciate they are seasonal buys but I would snap up another in a heartbeat and you never quite know when they might appear
Very light , adjustable legs and comfortable and perfect for short river sessions
And I'm no twiggy - I have lost count of the chairs I have trashed

Trakker level lite long back

Trakker level lite long back chair👍
Yep, this one.have the same problem with knackered knee joints.

After 14yrs of heavy usage my JRC Terry Hearn 'Stealth' chair final gave up the ghost last month. I've replaced it with a JRC Defender (sl. heavier) and I'm well pleased with it, esp for £42.50.

JRC Stealth X-Light Chair.
Should be about £74

Not the cheapest but it's the Trakker Levelite transformer for me. Really light but good, solid build quality. Dead comfy too.
Possibly a little too comfy.....

Back