• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Heated socks

Not socks, but insoles.

They were ok, but a little on the thick side, which made them slightly uncomfortable in the boot. Take the boot insole out and they were better. Three settings, I used them on the lowest and they kept my feet warm enough the whole day whilst at work. Put them on the highest setting and they were very warm, but obviously didn't last that long. USB charging every night for the next day. One of them packed up after 6-7 weeks, so sent them back for a refund. Maybe I was just unlucky, but when you weigh 19st and are on your feet all day, perhaps it was to be expected.

I have tried them . The ones that I used made very little difference to my cold feet. The batteries which tuck in to the top of the socks catch on the top of a wellington making an uncomfortable area. I wouldn't buy again.

The only way I could this envisage the concept of foot heating working in a reliable, durable way would be for the heating tech and battery store to be incorporated into the boots rather than the socks. AFAIK no boot manufacturer has done this? Is that an oversight? Or a reflection that it is not a viable idea?

Hi, i ordered some Foot Warmers from Decathlon, not used yet thou.
Fair few seem to be buying these type of Foot Warmers, rather than relying on Muck, Grub, Baffin Trappers etc etc Boots.
£2.84 P & P delivered to my local Asda.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/feet-warmers-x-30/_/R-p-161193?mc=8373956

Wondering more about electrical powered socks or insoles.

Used Zippo, then S-Boston (loads better), now use Electric Handwarmers (10,000mAh), which i now prefer.

Bob

Can't see the need myself. Can honestly say I have never suffered from cold feet since buying my first pair of Skeetex Essex boots. Now on my second pair. They are brilliant, just not so great for walking long distances.

Hi, i ordered some Foot Warmers from Decathlon, not used yet thou.
Fair few seem to be buying these type of Foot Warmers, rather than relying on Muck, Grub, Baffin Trappers etc etc Boots.
£2.84 P & P delivered to my local Asda.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/feet-warmers-x-30/_/R-p-161193?mc=8373956

Wondering more about electrical powered socks or insoles.

Used Zippo, then S-Boston (loads better), now use Electric Handwarmers (10,000mAh), which i now prefer.

Bob
I brought a box of something similar few years back. Can only really feel the heat if I stick them directly to my toes or inside the sock not on the outside like they recommend. Problem then is they move if you walk around. They don’t give of that much heat either but they do work a bit

I used to use the adhesive for warmers when I cycle coached and they made a massive difference to me and that was in get exposed in thin shoes. I used to wear seal skin socks and it made life so much better. I do orb used to suffer with cold get and have to say the sundridge hot feet (probably unavailable now) or the skeetex bits are amazing. Pairs these up with quality merino will socks.

I Bought some over a good year ago ,admittedly I was a bit dubious if they would be any good , after last winter and now using them this year bearing in mind it hasn’t been overly harsh yet , i think they are a fantastic , I do and have suffered with cold feet / poor circulation etc all my life … not any more … The ones I bought were by Snow Deer from Amazon retailing around £70 -80 odd pounds.. these are rechargeable batteries… 6 hrs fully charging time , with 3 settings Red light high white med blue low
i have the setting on white and it roughly lasts 6-7 hrs .. the heating is situated at the toes which gives me enough warmth
for my feet to keep comfortable being static etc ..basically I don’t have cold feet any more …. i wear them with a light thin sock underneath.. Snow deer socks are kinda like the thickness and height of old football socks … one draw back i would say is
if you have big calves you may struggle to get them on .. they are quite tight although do give with more ware … just bought a second pair so can have a pair fully charged. Hope this helps somewhat.

Back