• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA River levels site changes

Avon and Stour monitoring sites are still the same Anthony,...they were revamped roundabout Feb I seem to remember.

When did the EA change the look of their river levels pages? Got a shock today when I clicked on my usual:

https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/station/8104
Been that way a while now.Must admit I personally don't like it.Ventured out Friday to a river on the strength of EA site,hoping for a bit of river colour in the bright conditions.On arrival it was just as low and clear as its been all summer.Not amused with a hundred mile round trip for sod all.

I've had mine bookmarked for a long while and have used them regularly, including this week. Only just changed for me. Strange.

Been that way a while now.Must admit I personally don't like it.Ventured out Friday to a river on the strength of EA site,hoping for a bit of river colour in the bright conditions.On arrival it was just as low and clear as its been all summer.Not amused with a hundred mile round trip for sod all.

Are you saying you reckon the information given on the EA site was incorrect Mark?

I found the old format to be very accurate.The new one seems to fluctuate quite a bit even when it seems there's been very little rainfall.But what do I know I'm no expert

It changed a few days ago Anthony,just got used to the previous change and then they change it again,always seems quite accurate though on the Dove and Trent levels.

Oh how i wish all's i had to worry about was levels, temps, flow etc etc. I don't get to fish nearly as much as many on here. So when i do get the chance, none of the above matters one iota, i'm going regardless. Up down cold hot fast slow, makes no odds to me, just glad to be there. :)

Oh how i wish all's i had to worry about was levels, temps, flow etc etc. I don't get to fish nearly as much as many on here. So when i do get the chance, none of the above matters one iota, i'm going regardless. Up down cold hot fast slow, makes no odds to me, just glad to be there. :)

I echo your sentiments Derek,I also like being there that's why I go.I also don't get to go out too much,once every eight days,which is probably more than you,but less than many I'm sure.There are easy venues and difficult venues I chose a difficult one based on second hand information,but no matter I'm enthusiastic for the next session now.

I must be the odd one out then because my initial thoughts are that I prefer the new format.The river level is updated much more often and it's possible to see the trend for the last 6 days.
Wouldn't it be useful if the EA could also tell us the water temperature and if there was any rubbish coming down with the floodwater.:D

I must be the odd one out then because my initial thoughts are that I prefer the new format.The river level is updated much more often and it's possible to see the trend for the last 6 days.
Wouldn't it be useful if the EA could also tell us the water temperature and if there was any rubbish coming down with the floodwater.:D

That would be nice, alongside probable fish location, preferred hookbait and bite probability ;)

I see that the EA,s server has been unable to cope with current demand.
According to one of the Stour monitoring sites it may take a couple of days to key into a bigger server.
Just when the levels were about to go off the graph.!:rolleyes:

For those with iPhones, have a look at RiverApp. There's an app for Android I used to use as well, but the I can't remember it's name. If you search river levels on app stores they will come up.

Back