• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cadence Reel Users - Sizing Advice

Evening all,

I am looking for a bit of advice from users of Cadence reels. I am unsure what size reel to go for as I understand they come up smaller than equivalent Shimano reels.

3000 or 4000 size? I would normally think 4000 a bit big for the float but looking at the weights and sizing of the cadence cs10 reels may be that would be a better more flexible option.

looking for a general purpose float reel, to stick on a 13 foot rod for silvers and maybe the occasional larger chub/perch on rivers and tench/Crucians on the lakes.

without being able to see them In the flesh before purchasing I thought I would ask here first.

Many thanks
Mark

I owned a Cadence 3000 reel and it was tiny. More like a 2000 in (old) Daiwa sizing.

4000 would be a better bet, more like a 2506 or 2508.

I have 8 Cadence 4000 reels I use for float fishing and ledgering. I have one 3000 size reel I use for lure fishing. I think either is suitable for what you want, I prefer the 4000 size for float fishing as I have big hands. I have a mate who swapped to a 3000 as he struggled with little fingers reaching the spool lip. I think it’s as simple as that. As for comparisons. I have some Shimano 4000 X Aero’s which are slightly bigger than the Cadence but the distance for my fingers to go to the edge of the spool is about the same.

A bit late, but another satisfied Cadence (CS8) 4000 user.

its a decent reel apart from the very deep spool (they now supply reducers). It’s very light and I prefer it to a modern Daiwa TDM.

I bought it very cheap (lightly used) just to see what they are like and am pleasantly surprised.

Since then I’ve had a few dealings with James Robbins the head man at Cadence and he is a good guy.

I’ve got 3 x Cs10 in 4000 size
Perfect for float fishing and I use 13,14 and 16’ rods and balances well with all of them
Absolutely no complaints and had plenty of barbel test them

Back