• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Anyone out tonight for a midnight start?

Luke Agacy

First time I've done the midnight start as I've just joined a club that allows 24 hour fishing.

Had the 16th booked off work for months so why not?

Anybody else heading out?

hi all long time away but now back hey hey.

yep ill be giving the severn a go tonight. probably fish till 6ish (am) then have another go tomorrow evening over the baits that ill put in tonight.

Good luck lads.

"Sensible" morning start for me - but, with the day booked off i'll be looking at catching barbel from 2 rivers :)

I wish I was but got work tomorrow unfortunately. Will be heading down after work tomorrow though for the evening. Think iv got Friday off though so may do a late one Thursday night or early one Friday. See how I feel.

Hi men ,

Glad your all back on the rivers as from midnight , as my lakes and canals will be a bit quieter :rolleyes:

Hatter

On the Severn ready and waiting.

Good luck to all. When will we get the first catch report? People around the country have had wraparounds and got wet nets already. Somebody somewhere is weighing a big barbel right now I'd say.

The first barbel of the 2015 season has just appeared in the BFW Gallery...

557fe4c60bb4f.jpg

I was there, first outing for a LONG time. So excited was I that I arrived at 2.00 Monday afternoon, trickling in feed for ten hours until the magical witching hour. Now you would think that dedication like that would bring it's just rewards. Sadly, neither I nor the three guys below me had so much as a bite....even the crays were barely touching the baits :eek: Had it been just me, I might have been a tad worried, but thankfully it wasn't. Thinking about that, it's a little sad of me to take comfort from others misfortune...sorry chaps.

Never mind, there's always next time (cant think why that phrase sound so familiar?)

Cheers, Dave.

I was on the Yorkshire Derwent around 5.30 this morning fished till 11.30 and did not see a soul all morning until I made the trek back to my car.
Wasnt expecting any barbel and just as well as three small roach a dace three gudgeon and a couple of minnows was the reward for my efforts.
I did see an owl a dear and a badger on my way to the river though.

I've just returned from an opening day trip to one of my club's upper Lea fisheries, I fished a connected backwater in the hope of few Barbel but had to be satisfied with a good bag of Roach Rudd and Tench. On the river however there were at least 7 really small Barbel, 8oz or thereabouts taken which was really great news for the future. :)

My early morning jaunt was good fun , gudgeon were obliging , little chublets even more so , managed to wet the landing net a few times though :)

My early morning jaunt was good fun , gudgeon were obliging , little chublets even more so , managed to wet the landing net a few times though :)

Wet the landing net a few times? Lordy, don't say you fell in Mike :D

Seriously though, you did a sight better than I did by the sound of it Mike....not even the crayfish felt obliging enough to give my heart a flutter with one one of their 'look daddy I'm a barbel' specials :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back