• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Anybody seen one of these ?

Craig Lea

Senior Member & Supporter
Hello , bought this from a car boot sale . No makers marks on it . Seems very well made , really smooth and spins beautifully.

Attachments

• IMG_2816.jpeg
    IMG_2816.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2815.jpeg
    IMG_2815.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2814.jpeg
    IMG_2814.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2812.jpeg
    IMG_2812.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 110
Looks really nice, hope you got a bargain. 👍

Oops, a bit late with the reply, ive got a Cortesi, and it don't look half as nice as that.

I have the same reel I bought from the AliExpress, its made in China by the same factory making pins for angling direct (not 100% sure), it is well made for its price, and I heard you can change the bearing of it to make it spins even nicer.

Thanks . I’m looking forward to trying it . 👍🏼

I had one of these reels from Aliexpress and they are good enough for the money. A decent starter pin to begin the obesssion lol. I think I paid £45 so your price was fair.

A slight niggle I had with mine is that as they are made to lower tolerances, the gap between spool and body is slighter wider than on more expensive pins. When using lighter line it would sometimes get behind the spool and tangle round the pin & ratchet mechanism. Not such an issue with heavier lines plus the spool was easy to remove bankside to sort it out.

Had some nice fish on it before I sold it on to make room for a different pin(s). As it was unbranded/unnamed, I nicknamed it the Ali Aerialike.
IMG_5329.jpeg

I had one of these reels from Aliexpress and they are good enough for the money. A decent starter pin to begin the obesssion lol. I think I paid £45 so your price was fair.

A slight niggle I had with mine is that as they are made to lower tolerances, the gap between spool and body is slighter wider than on more expensive pins. When using lighter line it would sometimes get behind the spool and tangle round the pin & ratchet mechanism. Not such an issue with heavier lines plus the spool was easy to remove bankside to sort it out.

Had some nice fish on it before I sold it on to make room for a different pin(s). As it was unbranded/unnamed, I nicknamed it the Ali Aerialike.
View attachment 29496
😂 that’s a great name . Thanks Daniel . I’ve not used one before .

Back