• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Abu Garcia 706 Closed Face Fishing reel

Derek Funcks

Senior Member & Supporter
Just found one of these in the shed, original box and reel pouch, and paper work. Looks to be in excellent condition, 2 spare spools, just had a look on ebay, 1 for sale for 50 quid plus p+p of £6.50 with some bidding time left. i,ll do mine for £50 posted if anyone is interested.

I can take some pics if required. 👍

Last edited:
Just found one of these in the shed, original box and reel pouch, and paper work. Looks to be in excellent condition, 2 spare spools, just had a look on ebay, 1 for sale for 50 quid plus p+p of £6.50 with some bidding time left. i,ll do mine for £50 posted if anyone is interested.

I can take some pics if required. 👍
Derek

Sent you a pm. Would like to add a 706 to my ABU Collection. I use a 503 and a 506 for most of my coarse fishing.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard, no PM received. ?
Derek

My apologies, I must have hit the wrong button! I'll buy it as i always fish with these ABU reels. I have a 503 that i bought over 50 years ago with some of the profit from my university Grant and which I still use.

How would you like to be paid?

Derek

I think pm are now called conversations which you access via the top banner with your name, an envelope and a bell in. Click on the envelope to get the pm.
I'll start another one and send it to you.

Back