• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which chair would you choose ?

Paul Deans

Right lads,
I now owe it to my poor back to get the lightest chair I can to aid my bankside comfort.

I have stripped my tackle down to the essentials, but after my mate picked my chair up to put in the car last night (he is 20 years younger than me) and muttered something about "you should go on body building steroids if you are going to last until the end of the season carrying this" :)

I thought it may be cheaper to get a new chair, so....
The new Fox adjusta chair or Korum Super Light Chair.

Let me know if you are YOMPING over the fields with one of these fella's, and or sitting watching the chub snaffle at your barbell baits for hours on end, which one you would go for?

Should no one own up to having one, a good link to where I can buy a surgical truss to keep the hernia's at bay may be an alternative!

Cheers, Paul.

If your back is bad then maybe consider which chair gives the best support rather than which is the lightest?

That said, most fishing chairs probably aren't good for one's back in any case?

Stephen

My first thought after having a hernia at 25 and still squatting over 200kilos is man up. But if you're that concerned you may want to get something with wheels on to alleviate the pressure on your back.

My first thought after having a hernia at 25 and still squatting over 200kilos is man up. But if you're that concerned you may want to get something with wheels on to alleviate the pressure on your back.

You were probably being a little hard on yourself there Patrick. My first thought would have been "how the f**k am I going to stand up now".

Get a trolley and get yourself to world of sofa's, wouldn't go fishing if I could not take my leather recliner down to my chosen swim...

You were probably being a little hard on yourself there Patrick. My first thought would have been "how the f**k am I going to stand up now".

Squatting and deadlifting the true test of manhood

My trusty, no frills, Wychwood aluminium chair has just given up the ghost and I've replaced it with a JRC X-Lite which is also aluminium. Lightness and comfort don't necessarily go together but I'm Happy with it. In a past life I was a serious match angler and have recently started to use my old trolley. I've had a disc out of my back and also have nerve damage in my legs so I'm well placed to realize just how difficult it is to be a river angler!

I'd personally like a lighter chair, especially for those far off swims!

However, I generally spend long sessions on mine waiting for those illusive Thames barbel and being 6' 2" I need something with a hi back which also reclines.

The arm rests are a bit of an indulgence on my Nash Hi-back and at 6.8Kg it certainly does feel it :eek:

Stephen

I was looking at the new Korum accessory chair the other day and it looks and felt like a decent chair and reasonably light.

Chub Hi-lite legs married to an old JRC chair works for me. The JRC was comfy with a high back but short legs, the Hi-lite meant I didn't have to bend too far to sit but the back was low and the padding non-existent. Luckily the frame width was almost identical and now I have a very comfy chair!

Back