• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Your Hair

I have always worked on the KISS principal!

Mainly because I am not clever enough to understand how all these hi-tech rigs work.

I have noticed that some anglers over complicate things to an astonishing extent!

complicating things can mean less fish on the bank in most cases

If this constitutes high jacking the thread please tell me and I will start a new one. I was just wanting to know what preferences you guys had for your hook length? I am using Korda braid at the moment but would like some options, any thoughts?

Hi phil im a big fan of esp sinklink in 10lb and 12lb, sinks well and is really supple but wouldn't recommend it around rocks and snags. Any snags or rocks around i use fox coretex in 15lb. Tight lines

Phil again it's preference but where I fish a good tough mono is needed. Rocky swims need tough line, nothing wrong with good old maxima. When you've caughta fish on the Trent in most areas just run your fingers down the hook length. You'll see then whywe use tough line.

Back