• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Your go to bait

Patrick Cooper

No Longer a Member
Ok with the season almost upon us, if the end of the world was nigh what would be your choice of bait?

Me I would be on the lower Severn using ace baits liver and tuna boilies. The reason being is that they give me so much confidence. Ive never been let down by them.

What would you use?

Is this an advert?

No but I can't recommend them any higher. And on Clives post may i please remind people that there are many many manufacturers of boilies out there.

Please keep to the original post Chris. Or just don't post on it.

Many thanks.

Judging from the bizarre comments you have been making over the past few weeks Patrick, I would watch what you are using, and then use ANYTHING except that. That should instantly tip the scales in my favour...job done.

Cheers, Dave.

Sonubait Spicy Sausage Pellets!

They do smell great Pete I don't think you can go wrong with sonubaits gear I do use there elips at certain rivers/parts of the season.

Tight line's for the opening night Pete and thanks for the genuine post reply. Apologies if the negative element put you off.

Ok with the season almost upon us, if the end of the world was nigh what would be your choice of bait?

Me I would be on the lower Severn using ace baits liver and tuna boilies. The reason being is that they give me so much confidence. Ive never been let down by them.

What would you use?
Shelf life or frozen Patrick?....

Last edited:
Shelf life Bill I had mine in a garage for a year with various seasons going on and they were fresh as a daisy.

When I last ventured out after barbel (14 years ago) my go to bait was a big juicy lobworm. Now I have no idea but have some sticky baits krill boilies that smell superb and the carp like left in my cupboard so will be giving them a try.

Well I have confidence in it which I think is the best thing

If the end of the world was nigh I'd trot for barbel using a centrepin safe in the knowledge that I'd be free from small minded opinionated people critisising me.

And I'd use up all my fresh bait. No point saving it. ;)

Well Clive if the end is nigh then you can't go wrong really

Pete.

I tried their spicy sausage flavour as a dip for pellet and boilies.

The fish seemed to actually avoid it.......................I like their Hemp and hali groundbait and the pellets are super.......even though my local Tackle shop has just gone from £4 to £5 a bag....................now theres inflation for you..!!

Graham

Back