• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Yet another invasive for West London

Mark Swaby

Found walking along a footpath in Denham Country park 100m from the river Misbourne. Not just able to walk out of water but able to live out of water for up to three months. The Red swamp Crayfish is another invasive to add to the signal crayfish, Mycid shrimp and every other invasive we already have. I posted about it on our local river Frays Facebook page. Others recognised and then posted photos of them walking across a park in Uxbridge and a car boot field. Not sure if signal crayfish or Red Swamp crayfish will dominate but we will soon see.

Attachments

• Red swamp denham.jpg
    Red swamp denham.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 35
Found walking along a footpath in Denham Country park 100m from the river Misbourne. Not just able to walk out of water but able to live out of water for up to three months. The Red swamp Crayfish is another invasive to add to the signal crayfish, Mycid shrimp and every other invasive we already have. I posted about it on our local river Frays Facebook page. Others recognised and then posted photos of them walking across a park in Uxbridge and a car boot field. Not sure if signal crayfish or Red Swamp crayfish will dominate but we will soon see.
My God. Nightmare potentially Mark

By the sound of it they are much more destructive than signals as they burrow more and also voraciously eat freshwater plants. :(

There may be only one solution to controlling them, and unthinkable as it might be do it, the only time to do it may be now..it won't happen though

Back