• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Yep I be after eels again

Dean Aston

Now river season has gone I be after them eels again with fingers cross a bit more luck then last time. I almost forgot how hard eel fishing was :)

Best of luck Deano, you'll need it.

I think I read somewhere that eels don't like pink;)

Ben was talking about having a go at the eels in Dud this summer ... what are the odds of him catching a 4lber at the first attempt? :D

I'm planning on joining you guys for at least one of the eel nights at Dud later this year ;)

I haven't done a lot of Eeling since my teen years but hope to do a few sessions during this close season on my local cut. (There'll be a lot of bootlaces to wade through to get to anything of a decent size though :()

Could also be a question of what gets to the bait first - Eel or Zed !!

I used to be a member of the N.A.C did a fair bit of eeling my biggest was 3lb 9oz from the River Tees while using mussels didnt half pull a bit if l remember rightly...

Good luck guys

Back