• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Xmas Present

Jim Foxall

Here's an interesting one. What item of fishing kit will you be asking Santa to bring? Would it be say a real, some terminal tackle or maybe a pole or some comfy boots. Any advice on boots would be most welcome and should I ask for a size bigger or smaller than my normal size. Also which soul would be best for muddy banks and rocks covered with weed.

I always buy boots one size up.
easy to get on and more to the point,off, without doing some mad anglers dance.

jim, if your looking for safety the try some studded waders or wellies, the studs on the soles do help in slippery conditions, for actual warmth try skeetex wellies mate theyre superb:)

As Wayne says taysports really are the dogs b*****ks

Pair of SS1600's for me

I have a pair of the Muckboots in same size as my normal shoes, there is plenty of room in them for a decent thickness sock mate.

A bite would do for me if santa can sort it. From anything. couldnt even get a chub to pick the bait up today. Jim I wear Muckboots Taysports. Next time we meet have a look. Really good grip except on wood.
scaz

Im was thinking about a new pair of boots and was going to give the muckboot taysport a try....however....the taysport has now been updated / superseded. Would anyone know what this new version is called?

net handle long enough for the tidal trent and the strength to boot, got offered a tricast one for a steal so got that from the kids,

and a good selection of ultralight lures and jig heads for perch

I wrote to Santa a while ago (as I do every year) and requested the following:

1) A cloaking device enabling me move about the river undetected. As well as bringing stealth to my armoury of fishing skills, I will also be able to urinate in peace without having to explain to bemused passers by (and then the police) why I am lurking in the bushes wearing waders and holding his Lordship.

2) Anti-gravity power boots allowing me to move about the river bank without actually touching the ground-again vital for stealth and safety. In addition, I would combine these with the cloaking device but adjust the setting so that it only worked as far down as my boots. I would deploy this tactic on the Wye in the height of summer to freak out passing canoeists who would flee in terror.

3) A selection box, one of the old fashioned ones that contained an enormous curly wurly bar and large tube of fruit pastels, amongst other things.

4) A laser guided casting mechanism that you attach to your reel. You tell the voice recognition device where you want to cast and it does the rest for you. It's very interactive too and will provide advice (there would be a number of voice options to choose from. For example if float fishing for barbel, the voice of Keith Speer could be selected to tell you which runs to trot).

5) The Kelly Brook barbel rod.

6) The Kelly Brook tackle bag. A bag for your tackle designed by Kelly Brook.

7) Kelly Brook.

That pretty much covers it I reckon.

I wrote to Santa a while ago (as I do every year) and requested the following:

1) A cloaking device enabling me move about the river undetected. As well as bringing stealth to my armoury of fishing skills, I will also be able to urinate in peace without having to explain to bemused passers by (and then the police) why I am lurking in the bushes wearing waders and holding his Lordship.

2) Anti-gravity power boots allowing me to move about the river bank without actually touching the ground-again vital for stealth and safety. In addition, I would combine these with the cloaking device but adjust the setting so that it only worked as far down as my boots. I would deploy this tactic on the Wye in the height of summer to freak out passing canoeists who would flee in terror.

3) A selection box, one of the old fashioned ones that contained an enormous curly wurly bar and large tube of fruit pastels, amongst other things.

4) A laser guided casting mechanism that you attach to your reel. You tell the voice recognition device where you want to cast and it does the rest for you. It's very interactive too and will provide advice (there would be a number of voice options to choose from. For example if float fishing for barbel, the voice of Keith Speer could be selected to tell you which runs to trot).

5) The Kelly Brook barbel rod.

6) The Kelly Brook tackle bag. A bag for your tackle designed by Kelly Brook.

7) Kelly Brook.

That pretty much covers it I reckon.

I've asked for the Cheeky Girls compilation album, nothing to do with fishing, come to think of it nothing to do with singing either :eek:

Skeetex wellies are probably the most dangerous item of fishing footwear ever invented !! Avoid unless the banks are very good and you don't need to walk far !!
I don't like wellies anyhow, so for me a good pair of walking boots is the best option. Also very lucky not to suffer with cold feet...........
I'm actually very happy with most of the kit I already have, so aside from being lucky enough to find a nice 2nd hand Fox Kevlar Avon going cheap on eBay (highly unlikely) I'd probably just want some nice floats, you can never have too many floats !!!

Skeetex wellies are probably the most dangerous item of fishing footwear ever invented !! Avoid unless the banks are very good and you don't need to walk far !!
I don't like wellies anyhow, so for me a good pair of walking boots is the best option. Also very lucky not to suffer with cold feet...........

Very true Paul, I have been on muddy steep banks before with skeetex wellies on. Not good at all!!! A quality pair of walking boots for me every time and some warm socks! The only time i would wear them now is on the concrete banks of my local river ouse(when no frost present).

Dave

Last edited:
Wellie boots are lethal on Frost /Ice I should know legs akimbo with my Springer looking at me with that special Springer look as to ''WTF happened there'' :p

Back